The Wolf Weekly
NRHS Principal's Newsletter
Newsletter Week of October 31, 2021
I hope you are all enjoying the weekend and I am so glad the rain has finally stopped! We had a busy week last week with parent teacher conferences, athletics, Halloween spirit day and many clubs and activities. This is the last week of Quarter 1, which ends on Friday 11/5. Grades will be finalized for seniors on 11/10 and for grades 9-11 on 11/15.
There is no school on Thursday 11/11 as we observe Veteran's Day.
Beginning next week, we will be reinstating our automatic "Robo Calls" for students marked absent. This will be a pre-recorded voice message that is sent to parents/guardians email and phone.
Thank you to our Parents Advisory Committee for providing a delicious breakfast for our staff on Friday morning of conferences.
Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!
Dr. Kathleen Boynton, principal
Senior Night for Football and Cheer!
Drama Club Happenings
Music At Nashoba
- Our first performance since December 13, 2019 at NRHS will be our Nashoba Symphonic Band concert on Saturday, October 30th at 3pm at the high school. Free admission, masks required in the building.
- The NRHS Instrumental concert will take place on Wednesday, November 3rd at 7pm in the NRHS Auditorium. Support our student musicians in our two Jazz Bands and Concert Band. Tickets are $5, but students and seniors are free.
- The NRHS Choir concert will be on Wednesday, November 10th at 7pm. This concert will feature our Concert Choir, Broadway Ensemble, Chamber Choir, Unified Choir, and Acapella Club. Tickets are $5, students and seniors are free.
2022 Yearbook Cover Revealed!
A Message from our Health Office
Hello Nashoba students, families, and staff,
Happy beautiful October! Sadly, COVID is still with us, and we are seeing cold-like symptoms in many of those who test positive throughout our communities. Please be aware that cold or allergy symptoms may need follow up testing. If you need to report someone being home from school sick, please be specific as to what symptoms they are experiencing, so you can be guided in the right direction. Testing is still recommended with certain symptoms, even with vaccinated individuals.
Please keep in mind that symptoms of COVID include headache, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath/ difficulty breathing, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, body aches/ muscle aches, fever/ chills, runny nose/ congestion, and new loss of taste or smell. If you have been experiencing any of these symptoms, please let us know so we can guide you in the right direction.
If you would like to opt-in to our Routine COVID Safety Testing Program for staff and students' routine weekly testing, please follow the directions below.
Please click this link to sign consent: consent
1. Click Consent Now
2. Step 1: Select your District– Nashoba
3. Step 2: Select your school – Select from dropdown
4. Sign consent form for a minor and fill out your child’s information
5. Fill out all necessary fields
Thank you and wishing you all a happy and healthy October!
Sarah DelConte Cosentino BSN, RN, NCSN
College Visits to NRHS
College Rep Visits are well underway at NRHS. Over 70 colleges and universities will be visiting Nashoba to visit with our Seniors. This is an opportunity to hear about schools that students may be interested in. Remember....the Rep may actually be the Admissions Counselor who reads Nashoba's applications.
Students should notify their teachers before attending and should NOT miss any exams/quizzes or presentations. Students will be excused from any classes they miss but are responsible for any work assignments.
Sign up in Naviance today!