Thorntown Elementary School 9/19/22
Parent Teacher Conferences: Oct 11 &13; Please contact your child's teacher to schedule your conference. Appointments will fill up fast!
Community Building: Be an Active Listener
Grandparents' Day - OCTOBER 14
We are excited to host Grandparents' Day on Friday, October 14. Due to limited parking and construction restrictions, we will do 2 sessions to split the crowd. We recognize this can make for a long day for grandparents who want to attend both sessions. Thorntown has some wonderful eateries where you can catch up with friends and grab a bite before returning for our afternoon session. Hopefully you can make a great day of celebrating your role as grandparents!
- 8:45 Sign-in stations open up at doors 11 & 12. Grandparents may visit classrooms briefly as time allows, until the program begins in the gym.
- 9:30 Grandparents take their seats in the gym
- 9:45 Program
- 10:15 or when program ends - Release students back to classrooms
- 10:20 Release grandparents to leave
- 12:30 Sign-in stations open up at doors 11 & 12. Grandparents may visit classrooms briefly as time allows, until the program begins in the gym.
- 1:15 Grandparents take their seats in the gym
- 1:30 Program
- 2:00 or when program ends - Release students back to classrooms
- 2:05 Release grandparents to leave building (Must clear any parking from Mill Street for busses to arrive by 2:15)
Secure Sign-In: We are asking grandparents to pre-register to help expedite the sign-in process. They can still attend if they do not pre-register, but they will need a background check run upon arrival to be permitted in the building. This can slow their check-in time. Pre-registration can open 7 days prior to an event, so we will share the registration link on Oct 7.
Parking: School staff will park off-site that day to open up the parking lot for our visitors. Parking will still be limited, so plan your arrival accordingly in the event you need to park off-site.
Dismissal: We are asking to be notified in writing on or before the morning of Oct 14 of any students who will be going home with their grandparents. Following the program, these students will return to their classrooms to gather their belongings, before being released to the office at the main entrance where they will connect with their grandparents. No one should leave with students without signing them out in the office.
It is very important for parents to pass the info on to grandparents so they have the details and pre-registration info.
Visitors & Volunteers
Thanks to PTO for some amazing staff goodies!
23-25 Festival of the Turning Leaves - Catch Student Council in the parade!
26 Breakfast format changes to cafe dining; service line closes at 7:50; tardy bell 7:55