The PLP Weekly
Your one stop for everything PLP!
Happy Homecoming Week--- ARE YOU READY KIDS??
Aye Aye, Captain!
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FOR CNU!
Community Engagement - no car??
Do you need help getting your service hours but don't have a car? This week, we're highlighting two great opportunities that already have drivers! So, if you've been struggling because of transportation, we have come to ease your frustrations.
Event #1 is a CNU-volunteer led food drive. It takes place THIS WEEKEND.
- Who and what? This food drive supports the Virginia Peninsula Food Bank - click here to read more about this great organization. Volunteers (you!!) will be handing out shopping lists to customers at stations outside of the stores and collecting the food from donors as they exit the store.
- When? October 24th and 25th (again, THIS WEEKEND!!)
- Where? The drive takes place at Farm Fresh, Harris Teeter, Food Lion, and Sams Club.
- How do I sign up? If you want to help at this great event, please sign up here! If you need a ride to the location, you can contact Jordan Schmuckler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or another student at the station you've signed up for. Jordan is a CNU student who has really helped to organize this event.
Event #2 is on Saturday, October 31st.
- Who and what? The Banks Family! Charlie Banks is the former President of Ferguson Enterprises, and he and wife Marybeth host a lot of fundraising campaigns at their home. You will be helping with the event, pouring beverages, and serving/clearing place settings.
- When? Saturday, October 31st from around 4:30pm-10:30pm.
- Where? The Banks' family home in Gloucester. We already have drivers, so this is a wonderful opportunity if you do not have a car!
- How do I sign up? If you are interested, please contact Steph (email@example.com) ASAP (Friday at noon at the latest)!
As always, check out our Engagement Opportunities document, or fill out a Service Submission Form if you know of an event you'd like advertised! Finally, check out IMPACT if you're having trouble getting started on your hours. They've got some great events coming up.
Coffeehouses: Happening Today and Tuesday!
- The Shadow Event
- Leading Giants: Life Lessons from the Drum Corps
- CCP: Choosing a Major or Career
- CCP: Careers in the Performing Arts
- CCP: Internships 101
- UnBelizeable!: Conservation and Leadership
- Small Small Thing: The Olivia Zinnah Story
To view a full calendar of approved Passport Destinations, click the button above. Then you can copy events you'd like to attend to your calendar.
Remember, remember the 5th of November...
Here are this week's contestants:
This actress and producer is best known for her role as Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan Booth on the hit TV show Bones. When she's not on the set, you might find Emily advocating for animal rights or partnering up with PETA to spread her beliefs.
This actress is best known for her recent role as Maggie Greene on the binge-worthy show The Walking Dead or also for recurring roles on numerous other shows. Fun fact: she has dual citizenship in the U.S. and Great Britain.
This actress is recently best known for her role as Alex Parrish on the new show Quantico. Fun fact: Priyanka won the Miss World pageant in 2000 and is a huge advocate for women's rights as well as education for girls.