The AGAPE Times November '23 vol 4
The AGAPE Times November '23 vol 4
Picture Day at AGAPE is Tuesday, November 14th!
HURRAY, IT'S ALMOST PICTURE DAY!
All students who have their photo taken will receive a high quality hard plastic school ID from LifeTouch! THIS OFFER DOES NOT APPLY TO RETAKE DAY so be at school on 11/14 right away in the morning and be ready to take a picture! If you are or will be on homebound on Picture day, please feel free to come in to school to have your picture taken. We will also be using these photos to upload into the SmartPass system!
Picture day is currently scheduled for 8:45am-11am. Get to school ON TIME for your photo!
STUDENTS CURRENTLY ON HOMEBOUND ARE ALLOWED TO COME IN FOR PICTURES. JUST BE SURE TO ARRIVE BETWEEN 8:45AM AND 11AM!!!
If you are interested in ordering pictures.....
Go to my.Lifetouch.com and use the information below to order! Orders can be done after picture day as well!
School Name: Agape High School
Picture Day Date: Tuesday, November 14
Picture Day ID: EVT6GHWBQ
No baby photos! But we will have a mother/baby photo shoot in Spring 2024!!
November Meal Resources
Would food be helpful for your family for the upcoming holidays?
- AGAPE will have a limited number of boxes of food available with help from Ms. McGee from DivaMoms! Please let Ms. Shannon know as soon as possible if you are interested in receiving one.
Neighborhood House has a number of upcoming free fresh produce events. November 15th, 2023 from 2:30pm-4:00pm is the next one. They are help in the Student Center Room at Metro State University @ 101 690 E 7th St.
- If you are looking for affordable ways to shop for Thanksgiving, Target is putting together Thanksgiving meal bags for $25.
- Looking for help with clothing and toys for your little one and the holidays? The Salvation Army Angel Tree is currently accepting applications. If interested, sign up SOON!
Upcoming Days off at AGAPE
Counselor's Corner - Updates and Info from Ms. Sparkman, AGAPE's counselor
- Ms. Sparkman has worked hard on Q2 schedules for students - please sign up to make an appointment in Calendly if you would like to discuss your class schedule, credits and/or grad plan!
- November is Scholarship Month - Wallin Scholarship 4 year and 2 year application period opened on November 1st!
- Use Xello and continue applying to colleges!
Interested in helping animals as a future career?
U of MN Small Animal Hospital Diversity Initiative
The University of Minnesota is looking to spark interest in students from underrepresented backgrounds to consider a career in Veterinary Medicine. The Hospital offers students ages 16-18 an opportunity to be trained and work as a Vet Tech Assistant at around $15/hr. Hours are flexible. There are also opportunities to gain training and experience in lab science (receiving). Students should have a love for animals and not be afraid of them.
Rose Klass is the contact for the program and is willing to send representatives to college/career fairs, deliver classroom presentations, meet with students in small groups and even arrange field trips to the Hospital. If you have interested students or would like to have them come to your school, please reach out to her.
What can we do to improve the AGAPE Times?
Staff, students, parents, community members: would you like to share something with the AGAPE community? Send your content and ideas, feedback and anything you would like to put into the newsletter to Angie Payne, AGAPE's clerk - email@example.com. Your voice is important!