Mrs. Wells' Reader
April 27th-May 1st
This Week's Focus
Reading-We are working on cause and effect, main idea, asking questions, determining important information while reading, and point of view.
Writing-The students will begin writing down interview questions that they will ask while on our field trip on May 1st. They will also be working on writing interview questions to submit to Ms. Dechant to possibly use later this year.
Social Studies- We will continue to look at wants versus needs, and then look at local businesses to determine if they fulfill a want or a need.
Math-We are learning about comparing different fractions using fraction strips, and work on placing fractions on a number line.
Fundations-Students will learn how to read and spell r-controlled syllables in isolation and when combined with other syllable types. They will also learn there is an exception to the r-controlled rule: If the r is followed by another r, the preceding vowel is often short. In the second week, they will learn additional sounds for ar and or. They will later learn that the 1-1-1 spelling rule applies to r-controlled words.
- May 1st-Spirit Day-Tropical Day
- May 1st-Urban Trail Field Trip
- May 6th-Walk or Bike to school beginning at 7:15 am at Fuddruckers and Weaver Park
- May 7th-Mid Term Reports go home
- May 8th-3rd Grade's Mom and Me Breakfast beginning at 7:45 am in the classrooms
- May 11th-Field Day for grades third through fifth
- May 21st-Celebration of Learning and Potluck-Our class will be performing that night.