KET Arts Education Resources
See what's new!
Resources for Every Learning Environment
Sign up for Arts eNews!
The KET Arts Toolkit Videos Now Available on PBS LearningMedia!
Arts Toolkit BOGO Sale!
KET Arts Toolkit
Teaching history and culture through the arts is an excellent way to keep your students engaged. The KET Arts Toolkit provides cross-curricular connections in the many lesson plans that accompany the four toolkits (one for each arts discipline). See your library media specialist to locate these toolkits in your school. The KET Arts Toolkit website contains additional lesson plans, "This Day in the Arts," and a Student Center that provides even more resources for the classroom and beyond..
The CD-Rom components from the Dance and Music Arts Toolkits are now available online!
- World of Dance and Music: An interactive social studies/arts resource showcasing music and dance from many cultures.
- A World of Music: A music world tour plus videos and activities to explore instruments, the element of music, songwriting, and more.
We also have KET Arts iBooks!
A State Divided: Exploring the Civil War Through Images
Japanese Culture: Noh Theater
Special KET Collections in PBS LearningMedia
PBS Digital Studios
More from PBS LearningMedia
Life in a Native Kentucky Village - The scenes in this rollover interactive for grades 5-8, adapted from a mural at the Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Site museum, depict typical village life of Native American Indians of the Mississippian culture. The village was occupied from 1100 AD until about 1350 AD.
- Picturing America - exploring America's past through art, grades 6-12.
- Social Studies and World History through Music and Dance - When students are learning about world cultures and global issues, infuse some engaging art content into your lessons with this collection of videos that focus on folk music and dance from around the globe that either maintains a tradition, or adapts customary traditions with contemporary styling. Grades 3-12
- Civil Rights - This collection captures the voices,images, and events of the Civil Rights movement and the ongoing struggle for racial equality in America.
- Daily News Story - PBS NewsHour Extra helps teachers and students identify the who, what, when, where and why-it-matters of major national and international news stories. In partnership with PBS LearningMedia, we are proud to bring you the Daily News Story which takes the best of the PBS NewsHour news program and pairs it with discussion questions, lesson plans and stories developed specifically for students.
- Native American Heritage - Take a fascinating look at Native American art, history, and culture as told through the historians, artists, students, and scientists in this featured resource collection.
Kentucky in the Classroom
High School Arts and Humanities Distance Learning Course
This course is also available for dual HS/college credit (Morehead State University). To learn more about enrollment and other Distance Learning course offerings, click here.
Kentucky Muse on KET
Kentucky Arts Partnership Grants from the Kentucky Arts Council.
These grants can be applied toward field trip expenses and artist residencies.