Kappa Delta Pi - Seton Hall University - Vol. 1 Issue 5
Spring has Sprung!
A Sunny Welcome to the Final Half of the Semester
Please find pictures and information below from past and future events! We're looking forward to seeing you all there!
Do you have an idea for a program or workshop you'd like to see? We'd love to hear from you! Please reach out with your ideas, thoughts, questions, and pictures at any of our social media sites:
- Xi Gamma Chapter
You're Invited! KDP Induction: April 17th
KDP Honor Society New Member Induction Ceremony
When: Sunday, April 17, 10:30am – 12:00pm
Where: Jubilee Hall Auditorium (map)
Description: Candidate Line Up at 10:30am; Ceremony at 11am sharp
For more information on the optional honor stole requirements and deadline for submission, please visit our blog: http://kdpxigamma.blogspot.com/p/honor-stoles.html
Educational Links from the Web
- Small Changes in Teaching: The Last 5 Minutes of Class http://chronicle.com/article/Small-Changes-in-Teaching-The/235583/
- 6 Immediate Strategies For Improving Teacher Morale http://www.teachthought.com/pedagogy/6-immediate-strategies-improving-teacher-morale/
- 15 Characteristics of a 21st-Century Teacher http://www.edutopia.org/discussion/15-characteristics-21st-century-teacher
- 50 Survival Tips for Teachers http://www.drharlinahalizahsiraj.com/blog/from-dr-har-with-love-50-survival-tips-for-teachers
- Can mindfulness improve pupils' concentration? http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35688048
- Education Next http://educationnext.org/ is a website designed for educators and anyone else who is interested in the changes and conversations going on in education today. They have a journal, a blog, and then hundreds if not thousands of articles written to bring you information. If you really enjoy the website, you can subscribe to it, and receive emails for each new post. If you enjoy reading in paper form, you can subscribe to their magazine, Education Next.
Thank you again, Deirdre & Christina, for your workshop "Differentiation in the Classroom and Student Choice"
Perspectives on Learning from Best Practices in Higher Ed Conference: Bergen Community College, March 5th, 2016
KDPXi Gamma President Daria Pizzuto moderated a few presentations at this conference on March 5th, 2016 - congratulations Daria!
Check out their website for more details: http://www.bergen.edu/tristate
"Engaging Students for Leadership Roles in Meeting Community Needs" by Meghmia Tarafdar, Josephine Pantaleo, Elizabeth Di Giorgio, Franca Ferrari, Isabella Lizzul, and faculty from Queensbough Community College, CUNY
Kappa Delta Pi's Praxis Test Taking Tips & Strategies Session: March 22nd was a Success!
Thank you to KDP Secretary Julia Lanuez for reviewing valuable Praxis information!
Thank you to our CEHS Education students for taking the time to share helpful study and test-taking tips.
(L-R) Joseph Martinelli, Patrick Tobias, Annie Bucca, Christian Krommenhoek, Julia Lanuez, Lauren McGuire, Shannon O'Grady, LeslieAnne Dessoruces