Communication Chronicle 5/13/16
Staying in the Loop!
- Congratulations to Dr. Nagy for his appointment to Superintendent for the 2016-2017 School year and to Mr. Andy Demidont for his appointment to Interim Assistant Superintendent.
- Congratulations and Welcome to Michelle Ciasca for her appointment to the Supervisor of Education on the High School Campus for the 2016-2017 School Year beginning July 1st.
- Administrators are continuing to work on class rosters and staff assignments for ESY.
- If there are staff that are interested in working in ESY, we are putting out a last call for staff and S4T.
- Manno Family Band will be playing in our Central Gym on June 3rd at 12:45.
- Mr. McLemore will be conducting Staff meetings by campus this month. May 16th will be the Middle School Campus at 2:20. May 17th will be for Elementary Campus at 2:20. May 18th will be the HS campus at 2:20.
- The Prom is TONIGHT! Have a wonderful evening! Thank you to Becky Polito for her leadership with this event and all prom committee members.
- If there are any issues with the DLM testing, then please inform Natalie Maguire right away.
- There are new Employment Opportunities posted on our website, please check them out or pass along to potential candidates.
- PLC and in-service certificates for teachers are being made and will be available shortly. We have not forgotten;) Please start to put your PD hours into Genesis (you can upload certificates at a later date).
- Please update your SGOs in Genesis and approve the final scores.
- Any employee in a stipend position should submit a time sheet to their campus Supervisor. Ex: Team Leaders will fill out one time sheet stating their stipend position worked for the 2015-2016 School year for approval and payment.
- Movies: any movies that are written into our BCSSSD curriculum are approved for educational purposes already.
- The Retirement Social will be held on June 7th honoring 17 retirees and acknowledging staff years of services at the Burlington Country Club 4-7pm.
- Graduation Dates: 8th Grade Graduation is June 10th at 10:00am. HS Graduation is the last day of school at 11:00am. Preschool Graduation is June 14th at 10:00am.
- We will be sending you an email with procedures and processes regarding the new door locking system. We appreciate your patience as we all work through this new system together.
- Challenger Ball is offering students with Special Needs the opportunity to play a game of Baseball on May 21st in Cherry Hill. We are very excited for our BCSSSD students to participate! We have an Elem Team, MS Team, and a HS Team!
Quote of the Week
Inspirational Teacher Story
Pauline Jambard Became My Family
I was nine when I arrived at the Children’s Home in Nashua, New Hampshire, in 1965. I failed third grade that year, barely made it through a second time, and had squeaked through fourth grade by the time I reached Pauline Jambard’s fifth-grade class at Charlotte Avenue Elementary School.
I was convinced I wasn’t “smart” like the other kids, and I hoped I could make it through fifth grade. Ms. Jambard took an instant liking to me. Of all the subjects in school, reading was my favorite. She would tell me, “Terry, you keep reading. If you can understand what you’re reading, you’ll be smarter than most kids.” After I read all the books in our program, I started reading the classroom’s set of Encyclopaedia Britannica. I couldn’t find enough to read, and I started to really like school.
That December, the children’s home threw a Christmas party for family and community members. My brother and I had no family to invite. I still remember looking up and seeing Ms. Jambard walk through the front doors of the children’s home and realizing she was there to see me. That was the best Christmas of my life.
After I graduated from Ms. Jambard’s class in 1969, my brother and I moved, and I lost all touch with my teacher. In 1983, I was on a business trip and had to drive through Nashua. I took a chance and dropped by Charlotte Avenue Elementary. I was walking toward her classroom when she came out in the hallway and said, “Terry!” It was as if I had never left. I was in seventh heaven on my flight home.
We have stayed in touch, and I call Pauline at least once a year. Because of the confidence she instilled in me, I went on to have a successful career in engineering and law enforcement. I don’t know if Pauline realizes how much she helped me, but I’ll never forget her kindness and faith in me.
—Terry Fallon, Bellemont, Arizona
Reminders from Last Week!
- Please note that their are "new swipes" on numerous doors now around the BCSSSD Westampton Campus. You need to hold your ID to the device for several seconds and wait for the light to turn green. Give it a second and the light will change.
- More doors will continue to change to the new system in the future so, keep both IDs on you until all systems have changed over.
- DLM has started! We are getting on track with beginning this state assessment. We will continue to work together with any issues that may come up.
- If you are a teacher who have been using the Accellus program online and need a gold key please come and sign out a "gold key" with Ms. Walker on the Middle School.
- As a reminder, information regarding Bereavement days needs to be turned into your campus secretary upon your arrival back to work OR you can upload and attach the said documents into AESOP.
- IEP season is ALMOST over! We are really doing an AMAZING job with these! Thank you to the case manager, teachers, and staff!!
Do you know?! The answer will be in next week's Communication Chronicle!
Jayne Corley 5/21
Michael Davis 5/8
Joseph DeMarco 5/23
Joyce DeVito 5/6
Chris Elstone 5/26
Amber Fenimore 5/22
John Ferrante 5/26
Jane Fish 5/18
Amy Furstein-Bush 5/5
Rachelle Grabitz 5/13
Tiffany Grelling 5/8
Richard Horton 5/4
Raymond Ketchel 5/9
Kthleen Koch 5/29
Cathrine Lopez 5/6
Asmahan Mazahreh 5/28
Rochelle Morse 5/15
Yiwen Nerolich 5/26
Gloria Rapp 5/5
Candace Russo 5/31
Simone Schouten 5/11
Margaret Stevenson 5/28
Michelle Stewart 5/17
Wendy Tannenbaum 5/27
Margaret Urbshot 5/24
Robert Wyllner 5/16