Parent Update: September 16
Numbered Spots @ LAF
Start Strong Assessments
SDOC After School Enrichments
NOTE: Signing up more than once for the same club will not increase your chances of participating. It will only prolong the process for the Club Supervisors since they will have to look for and delete duplicates (and sometimes triplicates).
The Lafayette PTO will also be hosting After School Enrichments. This information will be coming out toward the end of November.
Please click any link below to access each Registration Form:
Jeff Lake Class Trips
- Make sure your child is at school on time promptly by 9:00am. They should go to their morning line up spots
- All students need to bring a bagged lunch that day. Paper bag would be easiest to carry/discard but you may bring a lunch box if you choose
- Backpacks are not necessary, a small drawstring could be helpful
- A refreshing snack will be provided by Jeff Lake: Rich's Ice Pops. Depending upon supply it will either be blue raspberry or sour cherry. Please click the flavors to view the nutrition facts and ingredients.
- Water bottles are not necessary as they will have water fountains they can use.
- Students may bring water if they would like as long as they remain responsible for them.
- Students will be active so sneakers are must.
Meet the LAF World Language & Art Teachers
¡Hola! I am Señora Casais and I am excited to be a part of the Chatham Cougar Family! It is my fourth year teaching in Chatham. I have taught for over 15 years in another district. My love for teaching and learning has been shared with students from grades K-8. I was born in Spain and love sharing the Spanish culture and language with our future leaders! This school year, we will be singing, dancing and learning many new things in fun and engaging ways! We will learn about the wonderful cultures that make up our school community too!! We will begin with a unit called All About Me! I can’t wait to learn more about our wonderful students. Stay tuned for all the fun!
Mrs. Janet Kraemer
Janet Lynda Kraemer teaches art at Lafayette. She earned her B.A. from William Paterson University and her M.A, from Montclair University. Several decades ago she had two of her innovative stitchery compositions tour the state for a year as an exhibit of YOUNG NJ ARTISTS. She first came to the district in January of 1967 at SBS to teach art and it was during her time there that a music teacher asked if she might add some artwork to the spring concerts. More recently we have become excited about our after-school ART interest groups featuring things like ceramics, sculpture, weaving, assorted puppetry forms, and continuing the Lafayette mural and 3D paintings. This year some individuals will have an opportunity to build the sets and props for the Shrek Musical.
Mrs. Kraemer is also the mother of four grown sons, one of which is a designer/craftsman in New Orleans, and three grandchildren. She enjoys quiet bike rides, gardening, working on craft projects, and taking care of her newest granddaughter. ART is always such FUN!
21 - 4th Grade Trip to Jeff Lake
20 - Mini Marathon Practice 3:30 pm - 4:15 pm
22 & 23 Start Strong Assessments
26 - No School
27 - Mini Marathon Practice 3:30 pm - 4:15 pm
5 - No School
10 - No School
21 - Hickory Pizza Parlor Day
24 - 28 - Book Fair
24 - 28 - 1:00 pm Dismissal/Afternoon Conferences
31 - Halloween Parade