James Hart School Update
August 21, 2022
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year!
- 6th-grade Open House and Locker Move-In (Monday, August 22nd)
- 7th and 8th Grade Locker Move-In (Tuesday, August 23rd)
- School Supply Lists
- Bus Route Information
Our first few days of school will be spent acclimating all students to the building with tours, locker practice, a review of procedures and expectations and some fun too!
Monday, August 22, 2022
6th Grade Locker Move-In: 3:30pm-5:00pm
6th Grade Open House: 5:30 pm-6:30 pm (Last Name A-L)
6th Grade Open House 6:30 pm-7:30 pm (Last Name M-Z)
Please enter through Door I on Morgan Street (main office doors).
Each student will receive a folder and their schedule with locker information.
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
7th and 8th Grade Locker Move-In: 3:30 pm-5:30 pm
Families can enter through Door I (main office doors) or the Sports Complex doors.
7th grade schedules and information can be picked up in the cafeteria.
8th grade schedules and information can be picked up by the Sports Complex.
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
First Day of School
Doors open for students at 7:35 am.
All students must be seated in their Advisory no later than 7:45 am.
Wednesday, August 31, 2022 (new date)
7th and 8th Grade Open House: 5:30 pm-7:30 pm
Friday, September 2, 2022
Please click above if you to do not want your child to participate in weekly COVID testing at the school.
6th Grade Open House
- Families should enter the building through Door I, on Morgan by the main office.
- There will be a folder for each student and copies of student schedules available at Door I (Morgan side of the school).
- The Open House will be a meet and greet format with teachers.
- Students and families can walk around the building to see the location of their classes.
- The building will be open to practice locker combinations and drop-off supplies to student lockers from 3:30pm-5pm pm on Monday, August 22nd.
7th and 8th Grade Locker Move-In-Tuesday, August 23rd, 3:30pm-5:30pm
7th and 8th-grade Open House will be held on Wednesday, August 31st. Please look for more information,.
Lockers and Bookbags
Students will not be allowed to carry book bags during the school day.
Students will be issued a school computer during the first week of school. Students will need their school laptops daily. Students will use their devices to access instruction and submit assignments.
School laptops must be fully charged each day. There will be limited opportunities to charge devices during the school day.
Students are responsible for the care of their laptops and should use the carrying case provided by the district. Laptops should be restarted each day to make sure they are updated.
For the past two years, free lunches have been provided to all students regardless of income as one of the federal government’s COVID-relief measures. Please be advised that this free lunch program will expire on June 30, 2022. During the 2022-2023 school year, students must bring a lunch from home or pay for a school lunch.
School Lunch Program
District #153 lunch program complies with federal nutritional requirements set by the National School Lunch Program. All meals are served with appropriate condiments and a choice of milk.
School cafeterias in Homewood School District #153 use a computerized management system.
- In 2022-2023, the cost of a complete lunch is $3.15.
- Milk cost is 30¢ per half pint. Juice is 50¢ Optional snack time beverages are available at an annual cost of $40.00 for milk.
- Each child will have an account in the cafeteria management system for lunch purchases. As the child goes through the lunch line, he/she will need to enter a specific 4-digit PIN (personal identification number) into a key pad. Students will keep the same PIN number from year to year. Students new to the school district will receive a PIN number on the first day of school. If a student forgets his/her PIN, the cashier will be able to assist. All food purchases will require their PIN.
- Lunch money must be deposited in advance into your student's account using the Parent Portal.
- Applications for the free and reduced price lunch federal program will go home will all students on the first day of school. Families who apply for and qualify for free or reduced meals will be notified by mail within ten days of the date of application. Please deposit funds/money in your student's account for a hot lunch or send a sack lunch from home with your child until you have received notification of approval. Families must re-apply for free or reduced meals each year.
- Eighth-graders cannot charge or accumulate any debt one week prior to the last attendance day of the school year. In addition, all debt must be paid in full one week prior to the last attendance day.