Gator Family News 4/12
From the desk of Christopher J. Blake
Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow
Empowering today’s students to embrace tomorrow’s possibilities.
Our mission is to foster and motivate high level learning through innovative strategies to create lifelong learners in a safe and positive environment that partners with a diverse community.
It's been a great week at Three Lakes Middle School! We've completed our first round of STAAR testing. Our students took the test very seriously and worked hard, and I know we will see great results very soon! The next round of testing will begin May 13.
During this time of the year, it is easy for our students to lose focus as the summer break approaches. Please assist me in reminding them that they must continue to focus and that much is to be accomplished in the last 6 Weeks. Our staff reminds them daily that that the school year is not over and that every day counts as they prepare for transitioning to the next grade level.
Remember, we are here to serve, so let us know if you need our assistance. As always, thanks for your support!
Have a great weekend!
4/12--6th Grade Social
4/16--Middle School Swim Meet in Tyler (ETA Pool)
4/16--Gators and Lady Gators Soccer (See schedules below)
4/17--Band UIL and Sight Reading
4/18--Band UIL and Sight Reading
4/18--College Colors Day
4/23--Choir and Orchestra Concert at 6 PM in the Cafeteria
4/25--Middle School Swim Meet in Tyler (TISD Pool)
4/26--Band-Music Across Texas
4/25--Gators and Lady Gators Soccer (See schedules below)
4/27--La Academia at CTC from 9 AM to 12:00 PM (3013 Earl Campbell Parkway, Tyler, TX)
4/29--District Wide Recognition Ceremony from 6-8:00 PM at Caldwell Auditorium
College Colors Day...April 18
I AM A REFLECTION OF YOU!
-Breakfast will be provided on a first come first serve basis (while supplies last)
-Childcare will be provided for Tyler ISD students (ages 5 and up)
-Parents will select workshop classes based on their interest
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, TYLER ISD EN ESPAÑOL
OR DIAL 903.262.3187
SATURDAY, APRIL 27TH HOURS: 9:00- 12:00PM
TYLER ISD CAREER & TECHNOLOGY CENTER 3013 EARL CAMPBELL PARKWAY, TYLER, TX
Improving attendance at Three Lakes Middle School is a top priority this school year. There is a direct correlation between student attendance and school success, so encourage your students to attend school and discuss the importance of them being here daily.
Our attendance for the week is as follows:
Grade 6: 96.33%
Grade 7: 96.56%
Grade 8: 97.08%
Congratulations to our 8th graders for having the highest attendance this week!!! Continue motivating your students to attend school...it makes a difference!!!
Here are some helpful hints to help with attendance:
- Establish and stick to the basic routines (going to bed early, waking up on time, etc.) that will help your child develop the habit of on-time attendance.
- Talk to your child about why going to school every day is critical and important unless they are sick. If your child seems reluctant to go to school, find out why and work with the teacher, counselor, or administrator to get them excited about going to school.
- Come up with back up plans for who to turn to (another family member, a neighbor or fellow parents) to help you get your child to school if something comes up (e.g. another child gets sick, your car breaks down, etc.).
- Reach out for help if you are experiencing tough times (e.g. transportation, unstable housing, loss of a job, health problems) that make it difficult to get your child to school. Other parents, your child’s teacher, principal, social worker, school nurse, counselor, or community agencies can help you problem solve or connect you to a needed resource.
- If your child is absent, work with the teacher to make sure she or he has an opportunity to learn and make up for the academics missed.