Anderson Weekly News 10/11/19
The Sky's the Limit!
Parent Teacher Conference Sign-Up
Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Monday, November 25th from 8 AM to 8 PM and Tuesday, November 26th from 8 AM to 12 NoonConference Sign-up opens this Monday, October 14th at 7 AM and closes on Friday, November 22nd at Midnight.
To schedule your student's conference, go to HAC, click School Links, Parent Teacher Conference Scheduler.
Every family needs to sign up to meet with their student's teacher. It is very important to make sure you connect and stay engaged with the learning that is happening.
Click below for additional step by step Instructions.
If you feel you need to have an additional conference with your student's P.E. teacher, Art teacher or Music teacher, please email them directly at:
Dates To Remember
- Fri-Sat. Oct. 10-13th: St. Charles Scarecrow Festival - Vote for the Anderson Rocket Scarecrow!
- Mon. Oct. 14th - Columbus Day No School.
- Wed. Oct. 16th- Chipotle Dine Out Fundraiser 4:00-8:00
- Thu. Oct. 17th Picture Re-Take Day.
- Fri. Oct. 18th BEARS Mini Monsters Camp in PE class for 2nd - 5th Grade
- Fri. Oct. 25th PTO Spooktacular 5:30-8:00 PM
- Tue. Oct. 29th 5th Grade Orchestra Concert 6:30-7:30 PM at Wredling Middle School
- Thu. Oct. 31st Costume Parade 1:45-2:15 PM
- Thu. Oct. 31st Classroom Halloween Parties 2:15-2:45 PM
- Fri. Nov. 1st - End of First Trimester
- Mon. Nov. 4th Monday Math Madness Family Event Thompson Middle School 6:30-8:00 PM
- Thu. Nov. 7th PTO Meeting 6:00-7:30 PM Anderson LCR
- Wed. Nov. 13th Early Release Elementary Students 11:40 AM
- Fri. Nov. 15th. PTO Bingo Night! 6:30-8:00 PM
- Mon. Nov. 25th thru Fri. Nov 29th No School- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Mon. Nov 25th Parent Teacher Conferences 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Tues. Nov 26th Parent Teacher Conferences 8:00 AM to 12 Noon
Fall Parties and Costume Parade!
All Fall Parties and the Costume Parade will take place on Oct. 31st.
The Costume Parade will start at 1:45 PM, followed by classroom parties.
Parents are welcome to come and observe the costume parade. After finding a parking spot, make your way around to the back of the school near the playground. When the parade starts, all participating students will walk with their classroom teacher past the parent area.
Each Classroom Teacher, along with Room Parents, organize and plan a fun celebration of hard work and learning. Please do not send your student to school with extra food or treats. The teacher ensures that all food is safe and complies with any health or allergy needs in the classroom.
Students should not wear their costumes to school. They will change before the parade.
Students must be able to put their own costume/makeup on without assistance.
No masks of any kind may be worn.
No costumes and/or make-up may be worn that depicts blood and/or violence.
Students are not to bring anything that resembles a weapon of any fashion, even if it is part of a costume.
No bare midriffs or scant clothing.
Students whose families choose not to celebrate Halloween are encouraged to come to school that day. We will have a fun alternative learning activity organized for them in the STREAM Lab!
New Elementary School Day Update
Thank you to all parents who completed the form that provided us with feedback about the new elementary school day. The District was thrilled to have received over 900 responses. On September 23, parents and staff members who make up the Think Tank met to review research and have a discussion about innovative learning and what it looks like in District 303. In addition, they analyzed the feedback form responses. A summary of the first meeting is available on the District 303 website here. We encourage you to take a moment to read over the summary. We will provide you with additional summaries after subsequent meetings.
News From the Anderson PTO
Chipotle Dine Out Fundraiser
Box Top Submission Deadline
D303 Parent University
Dear District 303 families,
Parent University programming in St. Charles District 303 continues to evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of our families.
To read more about these programs and to register to attend, please visit the Parent University page on the District website.