Ninth Grade News
Week of April 12
Dear Daniel Ninth Families,
Hopefully, you saw the email our Superintendent, Dr. Bohn, sent earlier today that addressed the very serious racial discrimination on our campus that was discussed in my newsletter last week. If you did not receive this email or have questions or concerns about it, please reach out to me directly at email@example.com.
On Thursday, April 15 during arrival time in the morning, our campus will have volunteers holding signs for students and parents to see. This is planned as a way to empower everyone to feel and be their best as we wind down a particularly challenging school year. April is one of the leading months for suicide attempts and the silent display of the signs is intended to reinforce to all kids that they are loved and valued in our wonderful school community. As always, school staff is available to talk about any needs students or families may be experiencing.
If you haven't already scheduled these important testing dates, please add them to add to your calendar:
May 4 - AP Human Geography Exam (only for students enrolled in AP Human Geography)
May 5 - Algebra I EOC (only for students enrolled in Algebra I)
May 6 - Biology I EOC (only for students enrolled in Biology I)
If at all possible, please avoid scheduling appointments for your student on these dates. Our students took the English I STAAR EOC last week and we will administer two more EOC exams in May. In the state of Texas, students must earn a passing score on five End of Course (EOC) tests to meet graduation requirements (those 5 tests are: English I, Algebra I, Biology I, English II, and US History).
We are thankful for your partnership and are looking forward to Growing Greatness this week!
Carolyn Ansley, Principal
Mrs. Karen Taylor - Library Aide
Mrs. Taylor is one of our original DNG staff members. She has worked in our library since our beginning - 11 years ago. A graduate of Weber State University, she loves to read (of course) and spend time with her family. Her dream vacation would be spent touring Ireland. Her favorite thing about Daniel 9th is the sense of family - it makes coming to work something to look forward to. Her goal is to engage her students by trying to find the “perfect read” for each one.. An interesting fact about Mrs. Taylor is that she was born on the island of Bermuda!
Monday, April 12
- Advisory Day
- Progress Reports are viewable in Ascender Portal
- Bearcat Baseball vs. Azle @AHS, FR (7:00 pm), JV (4:30pm)
Tuesday, April 13
- Flex Day
- Bearcat Baseball vs. Azle, VAR (7:00 pm)
- Varsity Tennis - District Tournament @Wichita Falls
- Girls Softball - Rider @AHS, V (5:00 pm), JV (7:00 pm)
Wednesday, April 14
- Flex Day
- Varsity Tennis - District Tournament @Wichita Falls
Thursday, April 15
- Flex Day
- Track & Field Area Meet @Brewer
- Bearcat Baseball vs. Joshua (Double Header) FR (5:00/7:00 pm)
Saturday, April 17
- Bearcat Baseball vs. Trimble Tech, VAR (12:00 pm)
Mark Your Calendar!
April 12: National Library Week
April 12: Progress Reports are viewable in Ascender Portal
April 13: National School Librarian Day
April 16: School Holiday
April 27: National School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
May 4: AP Human Geography Exam
May 5: Algebra I STAAR EOC
May 6: Biology I STAAR EOC
May 17: School Holiday
May 27: Last Day of School/Early Release
June 22-25: STAAR Re-Testing Dates
School Picture Information
- Proofs have been emailed from Glamourcraft.
- Click https://glamourcraft.com then click "Order Online, Pk-11," and enter the code you were emailed.
- All packages will be shipped directly to your home and are 100% guaranteed.
- In order to ensure you will receive your package, please verify that your home address is correct when you purchase
- If you did not receive an email, please contact Glamourcraft at 817-923-9901.
Your student will need to provide evidence that they are a student enrolled in a public, private, or home school and have been attending school for at least 90% of the time. A VOE form is issued by our office.
To Request a VOE Form:
- Your student will scan the QR code in the front office.
- They will need to complete the linked Google form.
- The VOE will be available the following day and can be picked up at the front office. The form will need to be signed by your student and witnessed by office staff.
Students can start earning micro-scholarships from colleges now. How it works: visit the https://www.raise.me/ web site and add achievements such as grades, clubs, sports, or volunteer activities. For each achievement, students will earn scholarships from colleges, which they’ll be awarded if they attend that college! Students can also follow colleges that they want to learn more about and find which ones are the best fit.
Click on the Picture Below to Nominate an Outstanding DNG Staff Member!
Updated School Calendar
The Aledo ISD Board of Trustees approved an updated 2020-2021 Instructional Calendar in December, adding two new teacher workdays/student holidays in the Spring semester.
COVID Health and Safety Reminders
As we move into cold and flu season and begin to see an uptick in positive COVID-19 cases amongst our students and staff, please be reminded of the health and safety protocols in Aledo ISD's Return to Learn Plan:
- Parents of all students must screen children for symptoms and take the temperature of each of their children before their child attends school every day. Students who have an elevated temperature above 100.4 OR have any COVID-related symptoms must report the symptoms to their campus nurse and stay home. Please do not send students to school with symptoms. For Daniel Ninth Grade, our nurse is Danielle Barnes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All students shall wear face coverings at all times while on Aledo ISD property that social distancing, maintaining six feet of distance, is not possible. Face coverings should cover both the nose and mouth of the user.
Aledo ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
Aledo ISD is tracking COVID-19 cases within our school Community. To do this we need your help – if your child ever tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please click this link to complete our AISD COVID Reporting form. Our data will only be as accurate as what is reported to us. Please help us keep our entire community healthy and safe by providing this information as soon as it becomes known to you. To view the Aledo ISD COVID Dashboard, please click here.
How do I check my student out for an appointment or early release?
Daniel Ninth Grade Campus is currently closed to visitors. We understand at times, however, it may be necessary for you to pick up your student for an appointment. Please allow for a few extra minutes when picking up your student as we are using a new check out system and have new processes in place. We kindly ask that you follow these procedures when picking up your student:
- Pull up to the student pick up/drop off area in front of our main doors.
- Once you enter the building, please remain in the lobby area. Our office staff will greet you and ask to scan your ID. You can also call our office at 817-441-4504 to let us know you are here. If it is during a passing period, we ask that you please wait outside until the students have exited the building.
- We will then call your student’s teacher to notify them that you are here to pick them up.
How do I report a student absence?
Thank you, parents, for doing a great job of communicating student absences with our office staff and for keeping your child home when they are not feeling well.
If your child is sick or will not be at school for any other reason, please call the school at
(817) 441-4504 or email Sarah Hill at email@example.com to report an absence.
Any student or staff who tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please complete the AISD COVID-19 Reporting Form.
How do I request a district device?
Your child will need access to a laptop or Chromebook in order to complete assignments in Canvas both at home and school. Please visit the following link if you would like to learn more about checking out a Chromebook from the Aledo ISD Technology Department: https://www.aledoisd.org/Page/4320
Ascender Student Portal
1. Go to the Aledo ISD home page and click on Parents and Students at the top of the page. Then click on Student Portal Link on the left side of the page. (You can also go to the link directly: https://tinyurl.com/y5knvfwa)
2. Click on Create Account
3. Enter your student ID number, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.