Happy Mother's Day!
To all of our JURISolutions mothers and mothering figures, we wish you all a very happy Mother's Day. Be sure to show that special woman in your life how much she means to you!
Celebrate Mother's Day by treating your moms and motherly mentors to something special. If you are local, restaurants all over Philly are hosting mom-centric deals and specials to check out this coming weekend:
- Chez Colette at the Sofitel Hotel| Rittenhouse, 120 S. 17th Street, 215-569-8300 | The French-accented restaurant in the Sofitel Hotel prepares its all-day Holiday Grand Buffet for Mother’s Day. Amid the spread is a carving station with prime rib and crab claws.
- R2L | 50 S. 16th Street, 215-564-5337 | Chef Daniel Stern treats mom to a three-course meal of creative comfort food (French toast bread pudding; salmon frites; mango cheesecake) in the stunning atmosphere of his soaring dining room. $75 for adults; $25 for children under 12.
- Paris Bistro | 8229 Germantown Avenue, 215-242-6200 | Add a French twist to the proceedings at Chestnut Hill’s swanky jazz venue. A special three-course menu will be available. $34 for adults; $19.95 for kids under 10.
- Cuba Libre | 10 S 2nd Street, (215) 627-0666 | The holiday gets extra festive at Old City’s Cuba Libre. A tapas-style brunch includes dishes like coconut crab fritters, Cuban omelets and homemade breads, along with $5 cocktails.
Whether you're looking for something to do once you're done treating mom to something delicious or if you're looking for ways to work up an appetite, there are plenty of festivals and events to check out around Philadelphia to keep you busy this weekend:
- Mother’s Day Tea with Betsy Ross House | Saturday, May 7, 2016, 4-5:30 p.m | Join one of the mothers of our nation at the Betsy Ross House for a special tour, a lesson in 18th century tea etiquette, an upholstery presentation and delicious snacks courtesy of the City Tavern. $25.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Franklin Square | Sunday, May 8, 2016, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. | It’s an outing for all ages, featuring delicious eats provided by Cooperage in the park’s Pavilion, craft-making for Mom, carousel rides and mini golf. $25.
- Fitler Square Spring Fair | Friday, May 6-7, 2016 | Mothers can take part in annual tradition while supporting Fitler Square’s Improvement Association. Browse the flea market, listen to live music and enjoy children’s activities at one of the city’s most picturesque enclaves.
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Longwood Gardens | May 7-8, 2016 | The mom-centric festitivies at Longwood gardens include live music, dining at the 1906 restaurant and of course, blooming trees and flowers. 1001 Longwood Road, Kennett Square. Tickets required.
If you're located outside of the Philly area or are looking for more creative ideas for celebrating Mom's Day, here are some additional suggestions:
About JURISolutions Legal
An award-winning legal services firm providing attorneys, staff augmentation and legal search to corporations, law firms and government entities. As an innovative and value-driven source of premier legal talent and strategic processes, JURISolutions enables its clients to cost-effectively fill gaps, broaden capabilities and create efficiencies in everything law.