Ms. Bachhuber's Bulletin
March 17, 2016
Have a wonderful spring break!
On Tuesday, March 15th information was sent home about the Forward Exam. Some ways that you can help prepare your child for our testing dates are:
- Help them get a good night sleep before the testing day
- Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of
- Encourage them to try their best
We will be testing the following dates:
- April 18th & 19th - ELA
- April 21st - 22nd - ELA & Math
- April 26th-28th - Math & Science
- May 3rd - 4th - Social Studies
Units 9 & 10 will cover:
- Symmetry and Reflective Properties
- Equating Percents, Decimals, and Fractions
The Last Great Race on Earth!
Before we wrap up quarter three, we had a 3 day mini unit about the Iditarod. Each student created a poster about the Iditarod, dangers on the trail, the dog sled, dogs, and the history of the race. We had so much fun learning about this great Alaskan race!
Ask your child... What did you learn about the Iditarod?
In Reader's Workshop this week, we read a Reader's Theatre and read all about the history of the Iditarod.
Ask your child... How did the Iditarod start? What event led to the mushing of dogs to Nome, Alaska? (The dogs were used to transport medicine to Nome, Alaska because of a disease - kind of like the movie Balto!)
Important Dates to Remember
March 21st-27th - Spring Break
April 1st - Report Cards Sent Home
April 1st - Purdy Pride Day
April 7th - Spring Concert (6:30PM at FAHS)
April 19th - Purdy Arts Festival & Scholastic Book Fair