MVMPCS Monday eNews 1/18/16
Community news, updates, reminders, & events
What's going on this week?
- Monday, Jan. 18: No School, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday
- Tuesday, Jan. 19: Global Scholar Winter Testing Begins (Gr. 5, 8, and select others)
- Thursday, Jan. 21: MS Field Trip to Weinberg, End of First Semester and Term 2
- Friday, Jan. 22: No School for Students, Teacher Work Day
- Jan. 24-30: National School Choice Week
- Tuesday, Jan. 26: GC Work Session: Budget
- Wednesday, Jan. 27: 6th graders to Holocaust Museum
- Thursday, Jan. 28: Talent Show Rehearsal 4-6pm
- Friday, Jan. 29: MS to Market Street to Distribute Winter Items
- Monday, Feb. 1: Governing Council Meeting, 7pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 3: Talent Show Rehearsal 4-6pm, Report Cards Sent Home
- Friday, Feb. 5: 2nd graders to Weis Market
- Friday, Feb. 12: Talent Show!
MS Students will be Gardening in the Winter
Coats (of all sizes) will also be collected and donated.
There will be collection bags and boxes outside of each classroom starting on Tuesday.
Please consider donating items for their 'garden'; items that will be placed at specific locations downtown need to be adult sizes. Very gently used items are acceptable.
This work is inspired by Blessings in a Backpack's work to take care of those in need in our area and other random acts of kindness.
Absence notes can be sent to the front office or emailed to our attendance secretary, Jeanette O'Malley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrival and Dismissal Reminders
8:50 Students released to classes
9:00 All students expected to be IN class
3:47 (2:47 Friday) Dismissal Begins
4:00 All students are expected to be picked up
Please continue to follow carline rules:
-Turn LEFT onto Evergreen from Elm
-Tune in, stay off your phone during carline
-Have children ready to leave the car: kisses, backpacks, lunches
-Consider parking if you have a child who takes a long time to get or into the car
-Walk your child through the parking lot!
Interested in Strategic Planning for MVMPCS?
Next Meeting: Wednesday, January 20, 4 pm, Middle School.
We will review our unabridged Strategic Plan and prepare for the GC's work session in February where the plans will be reviewed.
The Abridged Version is linked below.
MVMPCS's Talent Show
Friday, Feb. 12th, 6:30pm
217 Dill Avenue
Thursday, January 28, 4-6 pm
Wednesday, February 3, 4-6 pm
Last call for entries!
All interested in performing in this year's Talent Show:
Please pick up a permission slip by the office or via the link below.
Forms should be turned into the office & placed in designated "Talent Show" box.
**Forms must be turned in by January 19th**
National School Choice Week- January 24-30
Held every January, National School Choice Week shines a positive spotlight on effective education options for every child.
The goal of National School Choice Week (NSCW) is to raise public awareness of all types of education options for children. These options include traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, online learning, private schools, and homeschooling.
Click the link below or visit MMCI's website at http://mmcimd.org if you need to enroll in the lottery. Share this information with your friends and family, share the link on your social media sites.