September 22, 2017
Parents and Community Members - WE NEED YOU!!!
- Reading levels of students increased
- Vocabulary development increased at a fast rate
- Student's social and emotional development improved
- Student behavior improved
- Student IQ levels went up over time
- Student chances of success BEYOND high school improved
Therefore as you can see the more we can get involvement from our parents and community the more opportunities our kids are have to be successful in the future. So we owe it to our kids to get involved in their education!
At PPIS we have a number of opportunities for you to be involved. Next Friday (September 29) at 1:30pm and Monday, October 2nd at 9:00am we will be having our Mentor Program Orientation meeting. If you think you'd like to be a part of that program please make plans to attend. The basics of the program are that you will be assigned a student and commit to checking in with them for about 30 minutes every two weeks. We will work around your schedule if you decide to commit to the program. This is a great opportunity to be involved!
Here are some other avenues we have for you to be active on campus:
- Watch Dogs - This is a program designed to get dads, grandads or guardians to come up and spend a day with kids - contact - Cole Warren - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room Parents - Stay involved in your students class and be a room mom. They will help organize class parties, decorate hallways for changing of the seasons, assist with school trips - contact the PTO - Taren Toth - Taren.Toth@hotmail.com
- Copy Parent - Come up and help make some copies when you can - contact PTO - Taren.Toth@hotmail.com
- Classroom reader - Want to come out and just read a book to your child's class. Contact Margie Nisbett at email@example.com and we can set that up for you!
- Field Trip Chaperone - Sign to help chaperone on of our student trips this year! Contact your student's teacher for more info
- UIL Coach - Have a knack for math, science, reading or social studies and want to coach a UIL team. We have over 36 UIL events on campus each year and always need help coaching our kids. If you'd like to help out please contact Margie Nisbett - firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
As you can see we have so many opportunities for parents and community members to be involved. All you need to do is come by and sign up to get a back ground check done and you are good to go! Please consider some of these opportunities if you'd like to get more involved in school. We will definitely never turn down your help!
PTO membership Drive is still going!!
6th Grade Volleyball vs TEACHERS, Thursday September 28 @ 5:30pm
2nd Annual Friends of Vail Benefit, Sunday, October 1st at the Pilot Point Opera House
See you at the Pole - Wednesday, September 27 at 7:20am
New Face in the Front!
Thank you Mr. Eric!
Awesome job Mr. Johnson and Mrs. Hammons!
Next Two Weeks
4th Grade Austin Parent Meeting - 7pm
September 27 - See you at the Pole 7:20am
September 29 - Campus Book Fair Starts
Mentor Meeting #1 - 1:30pm
October 2 - Mentor Meeting #2 - 9:00am
October 3 - PPIS Fine Arts Nights #1 - 5:30pm
October 6 - Book Fair Ends