June 7, 2023
PRINCIPAL DRISCOLL'S UPDATES
A MESSAGE FROM MR. D
It’s hard to believe, but this is the final edition of Cougar Tales for the 2022-23 school year! Only 3.5 days left of the school year, but still plenty of great things happening over the next few days!
Congratulations to our Connecticut Middle Level Scholar-Leaders, Sophia Gibson and Ava Pomerenke! They were celebrated along with other 8th grade students across the state at Aqua Turf. Ms. Gray and Mrs. Carlone were selected by these students to attend the dinner as the staff member of their choice. It was a great night!
If I don’t get the opportunity to see you before the school year closes, have a wonderful summer filled with family, friends, and outdoor activities. If there is anything I can do for you over the summer, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Wednesday, June 7th
Grades 5/6 Student Council Fundraiser: Movie Night @ 5:30 pm in the library & MPR
Salem PTO Monthly Meeting @ 7:30 pm
Thursday, June 8th
Grade 8 Field Trip @ Odetah Campground
Step Up Day for PK-4 & 6th Grade @ 9:05 am
Friday, June 9th
Grade 1 Parent Day Picnic @ 2:30 pm by the gazebo
Grade 8 Semi-Formal Dance @ 6:30 pm
Monday, June 12th
Grades 5-8 @ 11-12 pm
Grades PK-4 @ 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Grade 8 Graduation Exercises @ 6:00 pm on Gadbois Field (gym if rains)
Tuesday, June 13th
Last day - early dismissal
Pre-K will dismiss at 11:40 am
K-8 will dismiss at 12:20 pm
Grade 8 Yearbook Signing Social @ 8:50 am under park and play
High School Senior Walk Through @ 10:15 am
Trimester 3 report cards emailed home
- PTO Ice Cream Social @ 12:30 pm on Bingham Field
NURSE KATIE'S CORNER
END OF THE YEAR HEALTH REMINDERS:
· Pre-K, K & Grade 7 students need updated immunizations and a health assessment completed within the past year prior to entering school for the 2023 - 2024 School Year. Pre-K (Yellow Form) AND Grade K & Grade 7 (Blue Form). These forms can be faxed directly to (860)859-2130, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can deliver them to the school.
· Please be aware that all medication kept at school must be picked up by the last day of school. Students are not permitted to transport medications home. A parent or guardian signature is required for medication to be signed out of the health office. Any medication remaining at school after the last student day will be properly disposed of. This includes all prescription and non-prescription medications, inhalers and Epinephrine pens, etc. If you are unable to pick up medication by the last day of school, alternative arrangements can be made by contacting the nurse prior to the end of the last school day.
· All Medication Authorizations Forms need to be completed yearly and medications need to be brought to school in the original container by an adult. OTC medications need to be in a new, unopened package.
· Medication Authorization Forms need to be completed for ANY medicine, including over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Motrin, cough drops etc. per CT state law.
All forms are available on our website under
Our School>>School Nurse