Burleson Elementary News
October 22, 2020
WE ROCKED THE FIRST 9 WEEKS OF SCHOOL
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
We have had a wonderful first quarter of the year!
We are incorporating more student-led activities for the students to gain leadership experiences. We have students leading quarter celebrations, the AR store, Broncoville, developed a student leadership team, and elected a school mayor, Riggin Day.
Together we can make a difference and we are teaching the students to take ownership and work together to make awesome things happen here at Burleson Elementary!
The students are working hard to earn brag tags by exhibiting citizenship and leadership behaviors, attendance, top readers, and grades. We know that the more students are here at school and engaged in learning, the better they will be in the future!
We are building the future one Bronco at a time!
We have the absolute best teachers, staff, students, and families here in Meadow!
1st Quarter Awards Celebration
BRONCOVILLE AR STORE
- Practice letter and sound recognition.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 10.
- Library book due back on Tuesday.
- Please write number of words read on reading log.
- Check snack list.
- Bring water bottle every day
Students will be allowed to wear a costume on Thursday. No scary masks and please make sure that your child can to go to the bathroom by themselves while wearing the costume. Thank you for all your support! Mrs. A 😊
1. Sight word test tomorrow over all 25 words. Practice, practice.
2. Read every night with your child. Their exposure to books is so important!
3. Attendance is crucial! Please try to have your child here everyday and on time.
4. Please make sure your child can get in and out of their Halloween costume on Thursday. They have to be able to use the restroom on their own and participate in class/PE.
5. Bring a water bottle (only water) with and a lid that doesn't leak every day.
6. Bring library books every day.
- Sight word test on Friday over the words on green paper.
- Study spelling words AND sentences for a test on Friday.
- Practice +4.
- Bring library books to school every day.
- Bring a water bottle each day with water only.
- Dress up days are fun, but your child needs to be able to participate in PE and go to the restroom without assistance.
1. Practice math facts, we are working on +9 this week. We will work through +12s and then review for a week before moving on to subtraction facts.
2. Study the spelling words for a test on Friday.
3. Bring your library book to school every day.
4. Remember to bring a water bottle each day(water only).
5. Be sure that your child can participate in PE and use the bathroom without assistance on the day that they are allowed to dress up. Also, no scary or frightening costumes!
Thank you for all that you do!
- Practice math facts every night.
- Bring math fact cards to school every day.
- Math fact tests are on Fridays.
- Book It reading logs are due next week.
- Make sure you are reading 20 minutes at night!
- We are learning how things were done differently in the past in Social Studies.
- Dress up days are coming next week!
- Keep practicing multiplication facts every night. We test on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Bring a water bottle, with only water in it, every day
It has been a great first week back!
- This week 4th graders are following the writing process to write opinion essays.
- Our spelling words this week are words with Digraphs – test tomorrow!
- In Social Studies we are learning about the early European explorers.
- This Friday we get a special treat with a visit to the ag shop for an “Ag Talk” with our FFA students.
- As always… Read, read, read – 4th grade currently has the most words read in the school!!
- Remember to send your child with a clean mask every day!
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
READING: Please be sure to check your Class Dojo messages regularly!
Spelling Tests are EVERY FRIDAY, make sure they are studying.
Reading 20 minutes a night increases knowledge in all areas of learning!
RED RIBBON DRESS UP WEEK OCTOBER 27-OCTOBER 30
STORYBOOK PUMPKIN CONTEST
A NOTE FROM THE NURSE
I have finished reviewing immunization (shot) records for all of the students, and sent out letters for anyone I need updated records for. If you received a letter please get your child caught up!
I also have done hearing and vision screenings on students, the notes for students who need to be evaluated by a physician will be going out within the next couple of weeks, so be on the lookout for those! It is important for your child’s learning that they can hear and see adequately! I can’t stress enough the importance of frequently washing hands to prevent the spread of infection!
Please encourage good hand hygiene at home! As always, please contact me at the school if you have any questions or concerns.
Stephanie Fleming, BSN, RN
BRONCO FOOTBALL NEWS
No Bronco football this Friday!!
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00