The Gayman Gazette
April 11, 2014
Upcoming Important Dates
- April 12th - Gayman Spring Cleanup
- April 15th & 16th – NO Kindergarten – Teacher/Parent Portfolio Conferences
- April 17th – Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM (AM Kindergarten Reports – No PM Kindergarten); Parent/Teacher Portfolio Conferences
- April 18th – Good Friday – No School
- April 24th – Kids Care Club @ 3:30 PM
- April 25th – 5th Grade to Philadelphia
- April 25th – 4th Grade to Regal Cinema
- April 28th – 1st Grade to Graeme Park (Mrs. Bullard & Mrs. Sinn)
- April 29th – Young Author’s Day
- April 30th – 1st Grade to Graeme Park (Mrs. Klebba & Mrs. McEachern)
- April 30th – BBQ Lunch
- May 1st – Jump Rope for the Heart
- May 5th - 2nd Grade to Churchville Nature Center
- May 5th – PEN Invention Convention at Gayman
- May 7th – 6th Grade to Tohickon
- May 7th – Art Expo – Grade K-3 (5:00 – 6:00 PM)
- May 7th – Art Expo – Grade 4-6 (6:15 – 7:15 PM)
- May 10th – Spring Carnival – 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Dinosaur Research Hits 3rd Grade
Gayman Grounds Spring Clean Up Open House
Come out and help get Gayman spruced up for spring! Please join the Grounds Committee as they clean up the gardens around the school. No experience necessary and all are welcome!
When: Saturday, April 12th
Time: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Rain or Shine!
If you have any questions please contact Alicia Mangiacapre at email@example.com.
"Taking Pride In Keeping Gayman Grounds A Great Place To Grow"
Earth Day Project
In honor of Earth Day the Kids Care Club will be learning how fruits and vegetables grow in the earth from our own Mr. Grace. The cihldren will help the Gayman Grounds Committee spruce up the school by weeding and planting flowers outside.
Students will also be asked to bring a favorite non-perishable food to donate to the Bucks County Housing Group.
When: Thursday, April 24th
Time: Immediately after school until 5:00 PM
All grades are invited!!
To sign up for the Earth Day Project click here.
A Fine Line
This week students at Gayman had the unique opportunity to visit the Bucks County Artmobile which is an art museum for all ages housed in a 48-foot semi trailer. The Artmobile travels throughout Bucks County from September to June, visiting all 13 school districts and many public sites. The theme for this exhibit was A Fine Line. Students learned that to draw you need something to draw on, something to draw with and something to draw. A pencil and paper are still the most popular items used for drawing. It was fun to see that lines can be happy and even made in art. After a brief presentation, students had the opportunity to explore various activities in the Artmobile. Here's what a few first graders thought about the museum on wheels:
- I liked doing the scavenger hunt with my friend.
- I liked the whiteboard where you could build stuff from junk.
- I liked putting together the puzzle. It was challenging.
- I liked doing the self-portrait. I've never written on a mirror before.
- I liked making sentences out of pictures.
- It was fun to watch the commercial made from the artist's drawing.
Thank you Home & School for sponsoring this worthwhile exhibit!
5th Grade Wins Gala for Second Consecutive Month!
April Boomerang Award
This year, Gayman will continue to accept nominations for the Boomerang Award, which is our way of honoring students who best demonstrate their own developmental assets. What are Developmental Assets? Students possessing a combination of “40 Assets” are typically most successful in school and in life. These assets have the power to influence choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. For a complete listing of the 40 Developmental Assets visit: www. Search-institute.org.
April: #25 Reading for Pleasure. Young person reads for pleasure most days of the week, either alone, with family members, or with friends.
The Talent Show Is Coming Soon
Do you have a special talent you would like to share with your classmates, friends and parents? This may be your chance to show everyone your special talent!
When: May 19th
Time: 6:30 PM
For guidelines and complete details click here.
Take Me Out To The Ball Game
Please join the Family Fun Night Committee on Saturday, June 21st to see the IronPigs take on the Columbus Clippers!
Where: Coca Cola Park, Allentown, PA
When: Saturday, June 21st
Time: 6:35 pm (gates open at 5:20 pm)
Cost: $10/ticket (includes $2.00 ballpark credit per ticket); parking is $3.00 per car
For complete details click here.