LPS Secondary Campus
Weekly News, Upcoming Events, and Reminders: 5/18-5/22
Awards Ceremonies, NHS/NJHS Inductions, 8th Grade Rite of Passage & Senior Graduation
- Virtual Awards will be coming out May 26th! We are so looking forward to celebrating student accomplishments this last nine weeks and over the whole year!
- Our NHS & NJHS Sponsors are putting together awesome virtual ceremonies so that students are still able to be inducted and honored for their achievement! Watch for communication from Mrs. Shatto for NHS & Ms. Krueger for NJHS.
- While we are sad that 8th graders won't get to parade around the building this year, we are still planning on having a Rite of Passage ceremony for them. The key that we give out each year will be given out at the EOY pick up.
- We knew our first graduation was going to be memorable, but now we know it will be unforgettable! Our first graduation will be happening outdoors on May 29th. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be limiting the amount of people that will be able to participate but we will be live streaming it, so you can watch, cheer and cry (tears of joy) from home!
Last Work of the Year Will be Assigned Next Monday 5/18
End of Year Pick Up and Drop Off
Last Name ---- Time
A-B --------------- 9:00 AM
C-F --------------- 9:30 AM
G-K ------------- 10:00 AM
L-M ------------- 10:30 AM
N-R ------------- 11:00 AM
S-T ------------- 11:30 AM
U-Z ------------- 12:00 PM
Student Curbside Exchange of Materials Instructions
The LPS student curbside exchange of materials (demobilization plan) provides a safe, secure process for students to return district owned items and retrieve their personal items. Students should report to LPS only during their assigned window of time.
Please place items to be returned to LPS in the trunk or back of your vehicle. Do not bag items please.
Families will enter into the secondary campus just like morning drop off. There will be 2 lanes just like morning traffic:
- The right lane will be if you need to return items (technology,books, supplies, etc) and pick up
- The left lane will be if you are only picking up items
- Both lanes will stop at the Back Gym Door and pop your trunk (north east side of the building) to pick up awards, report cards, yearbooks, etc...
- Technology Return – on the south side of the building where students are dropped off in the morning, we will retrieve the Chromebook and power cord. Please make sure you have put the computer and power cord in the trunk so we can retrieve it quickly. If you do not have technology to return, you should be in the left lane and can continue out to the exit.
Region 10, our local educational service center, has a collection of wellness resources providing information, tips and activities that can be used at home and more to support parents, caregivers, children and educators during the COVID-19 pandemic. See the resources at this website.
Ascender - Parent Portal
A letter explaining how to log in to our new parent portal called ASCENDER was mailed out in the 4th nine weeks progress reports. In this system, you can check the data you have on file with LPS including addresses, vaccinations, etc.; and where you can check on attendance and grades (grades are posted at the nine weeks in this program, you can see current grades in ECHO.
If you have already created a parent portal account with us, then you should just have to use the new link but your username and password will be the same.
If you have never created a parent portal account with us, then please go to the link and create an account. Then you will use the portal ID from the letter to link your student to that account. Note: each student has a unique portal ID in their letter.
New ASCENDER link: https://txeis21.esc11.net:8443/ParentPortal/login?distid=061804 (this can also be found on the Parent page of the LPS website any time)
If you have any questions or issues, please email our Registrar Krisha Capizzi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) is accepting appications for the 2020-2021 School Year!
Want to see what this year's class of students achieved in YEA? Read this article!