The original Hierarchy of needs
1. Biological and Physiological needs - air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep.
2. Safety needs - protection from elements, security, order, law, limits, stability, freedom from fear.
3. Social Needs - belongingness, affection and love, - from work group, family, friends, romantic relationships.
4. Esteem needs - achievement, mastery, independence, status, dominance, prestige, self-respect, respect from others.
5. Self-Actualization needs - realizing personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth and peak experiences.
Maslow's original five stages have been expanded over the years. This change includes a seven stage model and an eight stage model that where developed between 1960 and 1970
Cognitive needs: Knowledge, meaning, etc...
Aesthetic needs: Appreciation and search for beauty, balance, form, etc...
Transcendent needs: helping other to achieve self actualization.
these are the three stages that where added over time.