Carver Middle School Newsletter
May 27, 2019
Greetings and Happy Memorial Day Carver Community!
Thank you very much to all of the active duty and retired military members and their families in our community for their service and sacrifice to our Nation.
As you are aware we are approaching the end of the school year. We have several important events this week. We have our Summit informational session for rising 6th grade parents Wednesday, 5/29/19. If you have a rising 6th grader who will participate in the Summit platform next year please join us Wednesday from 6-7 in the library. Also please join us for the Summer Reading Palooza on Thursday May 30 at 5:30! Our AVID team will have informational sessions throughout Thursday afternoon.
The eighth grade dance is Friday evening from 6-8 pm. Students were given their permission slips last week. Permission slips must be returned this week for students to attend the dance. Our theme is "Oh the places we will go". Students may dress formally or they may dress in the attire of their future career or wear gear associated with their future college. Student dress code is in effect for the school dance. Please ensure that all students are dressed according to code for admittance to the dance.
Thank you very much and have a great week Carver family!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
We are also raising money for the Children's Tumor Foundation. Please use the link here: https://join.ctf.org/team/210271 to join our team and contribute! Your student should have brought a change box home Friday to collect monies for the fundraiser. Families should donate through their students' first period odd class.
Thank you very much for your support!
Thanks to Mrs. Johnson and her culinary arts class for and excellent cake competition! Everyone was a winner!
Thanks to Coach Parker and the Coaching Matoaca High School football staff visiting Carver MS!
Congratulations Mrs. Bailey!
Congratulations to Mrs. Bailey for 34 years of teaching service to CCPS!
May 27- No School-Student/Staff Holiday
May 28-31- Math Retakes
May 29-Summit Info Night for Rising 6th grade families, 6-7 pm library
May 30- Reading Palooza!
May 30-AVID info session
May 31- 8th Grade Dance- 6 pm-8 pm
June 7- Chromebook collection
Purchase a Year Book for Your Cougar!
Parents, Carver Middle School's yearbook will be here by the end of May. If you have not purchased a yearbook yet for your student, there are two ways to purchase one.
1. Bring a check (made out to Carver) or cash to Mr. McGill, room 1606 for 35.00
2. Go to Caver Middle School Website and click on "school information" and select "yearbook" at the bottom.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.