Apollo Eagle Update
Week of November 4, 2018
Important Upcoming Dates
November 6 - Election Day
November 8 - Earthquake Drill
November 8 - November 16 - Operation Christmas Child Collection Week
November 12 - No School (Veteran's Day)
November 13 - Thanksgiving Feast (Awards Assembly Bell Schedule)
November 14 - CPK Night Fundraiser for Apollo
November 16 - Operation Christmas Child Packing Party
November 19 through November 23 - Thanksgiving Break (No School)
Students Participating in the Youth Empowerment Summit
What Do You Know About Grit?
Congrats to our October 2018 Student of the Month
Students...Earn Your Productive Hours!
The Hate U Give
If you think there is an issue, don't wait. Contact the teacher and find out how to fix the problem.
Operation Christmas Child Service Project
Donation Suggestions (for children ages 2-14):
- WOW Items (dolls, deflated soccer balls with pumps, stuffed animal, small musical instrument like a harmonica or recorder, etc.)
- Personal Care Items (toothbrush, comb, pocket mirror, bar of soap, band-aids, blanket, etc.)
- School Supplies (pencils, manual pencil sharpener, colored pencils, crayons, markers, notebooks, index cards, scissors, colored paper, etc.)
- Clothing and Accessories (socks, hats, scarfs, mittens, hair accessories, etc.)
- Crafts and Activities (puzzles, playing cards, jump rope, frisbee, etc.)
- Toys (foam ball, kick ball, yo-yo, etch-a-sketch, marbles, finger puppets, little cars/trucks/boats, plastic dinosaurs and dolls, etc.)
- Candy, toothpaste, used or damaged items, war-related items (such as toy guns, knives, or military figures), seeds, chocolate or food, liquids or lotions, medications or vitamins, breakable items, glass containers, or aerosol cans
Start bringing in your items this week. The last day for donations will be Friday, November 16th. We will be having our Packing Party to pack up all of the donated items into boxes on Friday, November 16th at 2:30 pm. All our welcome to join us to pack our boxes. Help us meet our goal of 125 boxes.