Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
January 11-15, 2016
WE HAVE REALLY BIG NEWS!!
We are now a 1:1 classroom, which means we have a brand new Google Chromebook for each student in our class!! Thanks to a generous donor, the Chromebooks were purchased and delivered on Friday. The sky's the limit since our Chromebooks turn on instantly, and we have access to these devices all day, every day!! We are looking forward to expanding our digital horizons!
In one day, we already used our Chromebooks to play Kahoot, do some coding, write a Storybird, and play Battleship. WOOHOO!!!
- IF you have a class t-shirt, PLEASE wear it on Wednesday, we'll be taking a photo.
- Trombly Blood Drive: Wed., January 27th from 2:00-8:00. Each child who has a grown-up donate blood, will receive a slap-watch. :) To schedule an appointment to donate blood, please go to www.redcrossblood.org, sponsor code: Trombly820. Volunteers are also needed to help with the canteen and registration on the day of the drive.If you are able to help please contact Jennifer Kitchen (Jenniferkitchen@comcast.net)
- Pennies for Patients begins on Wed., Jan 13th and runs until Wed., Jan. 20th. Any all change/$ accepted to help us make a big donation to stop blood cancers!
- Our KidBlog account has temporarily expired, I will let you know when we are back online!
- No spelling this week, next test will be 1/22.
- Book orders are due by Tues., Jan 12th.
- Things to ask your child about: New Year's resolutions, Chromebooks, TFK, Mystery Decimal Skype,
- I appreciate our parents continuing to sign the planners nightly.
- Remember...together we’re better!