Mrs. Ralston's Grade One Newsletter
Important Upcoming Dates
- Friday, Nov. 13 -11:30 am dismissal (remember to pack a snack)
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 - Mom's Pantry Order pickup
- Friday, Nov. 20 -11:30 am dismissal (remember to pack a snack)
- Wednesday, Nov. 25 - Twin Day...dress like a friend!
- Thursday, Nov. 26 - Community Walk 2:30 pm (weather permitting); Pita Pit Fun Lunch for those who pre-ordered. Canteen is closed on Fun Lunch days.
- Friday, Nov. 27 -11:30 am dismissal (remember to pack a snack); Report cards come home
- Monday, Nov. 30 - Round one of Student Led Conferences (4:30-7:30 pm)
- Wednesday, Dec. 2 - Round two of Student Led Conferences (4:30-7:30 pm)
- Friday, Dec. 4 - No school for students or staff in lieu of Student Led Conferences.
- STUDENT LED CONFERENCES: Thanks to those who have already sent in their forms with their top 3 preferred date/time choices for Student Led Conferences. These forms are due in tomorrow (Friday). Once I have scheduled everyone in as best I can I will send home a note in your child's binder with your exact date and time. After reading Monday's note on what Student Led Conferences are all about, please let me know if you have any further questions! I look forward to seeing you all on Nov. 30 or Dec. 2.
- OUTDOOR CLOTHING: With the colder weather, please ensure your child is coming to school with the proper clothing for outdoor play. If there is snow on the ground, snow pants are a must. Toques and mittens/gloves ensure that your child is able to be comfortable at recess and enjoy their time playing, not trying to stay warm. The rule we follow is "if you brought it you wear it". We only have indoor recess if it is -25C or colder.
1) Literacy: This week we were introduced to 1 new characters who will help us remember the letters and sounds that we need for reading and spelling. Have your child tell you one thing they remember about Jenny Jaguar. Then have them tell you what sound this character likes the best, and what letter or letter combinations represent that sound. Jenny Jaguar (J, j, g, ge, dge).
2) Sight Words: Our new sight words of the week were "at", and that". Feel free to make new flashcards with these words to add to your current collection for Star Homework practice. We have also learned that "at" is a very helpful chunk that we can see in other words when we are spelling, like "hat", "cat", etc.