By; Maddey Killian
Leslie "Les" Wexner is the founder of L'Brands, previously know as Limited Brands. This corporation started of as one small store named "The Limited" located in Columbus, Ohio. Les expanded his business portfolio through acquisition and invention. This business started off selling just clothes from one small shop and now has 100,000s of stores located all over selling a wide range of products.
L Brands is a Corporation
This company is proven to be a corporation because stock can be bought and sold. A business that is a corporation has many benefits one benefit would be that if someone were to sew that company the people invested in the company would not be sued individually but instead sued as one group. Another advantage would be that when a person invest in this company they can not lose any more money than what they put in.
Facts About L Brands
- It's first store opened in 1963, at Kingsdale Shopping Center located in Columbus, Ohio
- In 2000, The Limited, Inc. changed its names to Limited Brands
- In 2004, Victoria Secret introduced PINK
- Limited Brands changed its name to L'Brands in 2013
- They own the stores: Victoria's Secret, PINK, Bath & Body Works, La Senza and Henri Bendel.
Would I Invest in This Company?
I would invest in this company because the stock is not too expensive at $86.43, and because this company has been around a long time and is very well known and trusted. The stock for this company typically does well.