Join us Mondays for Dance!
June 29- August 31
Classes being offered include:
- Discovery Dance (3-4 yrs, 4:30- 5:00 pm)...An introduction to dance & spatial movement centered around fun dance activities to allow dancers to explore their space through creative movement.
- Discovery Dance (3-4 yrs, 5:00- 5:30 pm)...An introduction to dance & spatial movement centered around fun dance activities to allow dancers to explore their space through creative movement.
- Ballet (5-6 yrs, 5:30-6:00 pm)...Introduction to the position, movements, terms and ballet etiquette through practicing technique and games
- Hip Jazz (5-6 yrs, 6:00-6:30 pm)...A fun, upbeat fusion of hip hop and jazz movements.
- Hip Poms (7-8 yrs, 6:30-7:00 pm)...Dancers enjoy the latest pop tunes in this fusion of hip hop and poms.
- Hip Hop (8-10 yrs, 7:00-7:30 pm)...Fun, upbeat hip hop tunes and moves.
Deforest Area Community & Senior Center, Community Room
Registration Deadline: June 15th
Program concludes with an end of the season parent showcase!
Meet Miss Allie!
Within her dance studio, as well as at conventions and intensives, she has had the opportunity to take classes in ballet, pointe, jazz, tap, lyrical, contemporary, modern, hip hop, and more. As well as developing her own technique and passion for the art form, she has also been able to assist classes for young dancers both at A Step Above and through the DeForest Parks and Recreation program.
Additionally, she has been a childcare worker for the Celebrate Recovery program and volunteers in the toddler room at her church. Allie plans to major in dance at a four-year college, and she aspires to be a professional dancer and to open up her own dance studio and teach there. She enjoys passing on what she has learned to students of all ages and backgrounds and is very excited to work with your children.