The Eagle's Nest
Week of September 19-23
Happy Sunday Eagles!
It's been a busy week at Clyde Erwin Elementary School! Our teachers have started beginning of year assessments in reading and math, and our third-grade students took the Beginning Of Grade reading test. We also kicked off the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month! Students in our dual-language immersion classrooms learned about different Hispanic countries and celebrated Independence Day. We ended the week "smiling" as our students took Fall pictures. Information about picture makeups will be available soon.
We have six important reminders for you this week:
1. This Thursday, September 22, is an Early Release Day. We will begin dismissal of car riders at 11:45 a.m., bus riders/walkups/walkers/daycare at 11:50 a.m. A reminder that there is no YMCA on early release days, please make sure your child's teacher knows how your student will go home on this day.
2. We have had an increase in early checkouts recently. Please remember that our instructional day ends at 2:50 p.m. We don't want students to miss out on important instruction. We will continue our policy of no early checkouts or transportation changes after 2:30 p.m.
3. If your student is required to turn in a health assessment and/or immunizations for school enrollment, please do so no later than September 29. For further information, please contact Nurse Briley at the school.
4. Consent forms for individual and group counseling were sent home with students this week. Please complete these forms and return them to school by September 29.
5. Fall Festival is coming soon, and we need your help! Come join us at a planning meeting on September 28 at 3:20 p.m. in the Media Center.
6. Save the date! Back to School Night will be September 29 from 5-7 p.m.
What Your Child is Learning in Reading
Car and Bus Rider Information
- All car riders should enter the CEEM parking lot off of South Dr. to the car rider line. There will be no drop offs on either side of New River Dr. If you arrive after 8 a.m., please walk your student to the door and ring the bell.
- Bus riders will arrive on campus and be greeted by staff on New River Dr. Staff will help bus riders exit the bus and direct them to the proper location.
Sept.15-Oct.15 - Hispanic Heritage Month
Sept. 21 - Lockdown Drill
Sept. 27 - Fire Drill
Sept. 29 - Interim Reports
Sept. 29 - PBIS Celebration
Sept. 29 - Back to School Night
Sept. 30 - Birthday Dance (July, Aug., Sept.)
Oct. 3-7 - Fire Prevention Month
Oct. 3-7 - Custodian Appreciation Month
Oct. 7 - EOM Breakfast (RESPECT)
Oct. 10 - Workday
Oct. 19 - ERPD Club Day
Oct. 24-28 - Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 24-28 - Leadership Appreciation Day
Oct. 28 - Leadership Applications Due
Oct. 28 - End of Grading Period
Oct. 28 - Fall Festival
Oct. 31 - PBIS Celebration
Oct. 31 - Birthday Dance Party (Oct.)