Causes of Hearing Loss
Hearing loss is genetic, so if there is any family in the past that's had hearing loss there is a chance your baby can have it. Also if you have any infections or diseases while you are pregnant your baby has a chance of being deaf.
Syndromic Genetic Hearing Loss
Non-syndromic Genetic Hearing Loss
1. not being startled by loud sounds
2. not turning toward the sound of voice
3. imitating sounds after the baby is 6 months old
4. not babbling by the time the baby is a year old
5. not using simple words by eighteen months old
1. Nearly 3 in 1,000 babies suffer with some type of hearing loss.
2. There are three types of hearing losses; outer, middle, and inner ear.
3. Hearing loss can be treated so well now a days people are now almost able to hear fully.