The Parent Link
April 2023 (posted 4/10/23)
Cocoa High School Monthly News
Step 1 - Click on the Translate button
This button can be found at the top of the emailed newsletter.
Step 2 - Access the Translation and ADA bar
On the right side of the newsletter, you'll see the ADA and Translation features. To translate your newsletter, click on the Translate button and choose your desired language.
SIGN UP FOR REMIND MESSAGING
REMIND is a private mobile messaging platform that helps teachers, parents, students, and administrators communicate with everyone at once.
There are 3 ways to sign up for this FREE messaging system:
2) Text the class code @ka28af to 81010. If you are a new user, follow the prompts. You will get a confirmation text in a separate thread.
3) Download the mobile app. Create a new account or log in if you already have one.
Tap +Join a class. Enter the class code, @ka28af and then click Join.
AVID Applications are open in March! Any student that has college or trade school aspirations can apply and applications are available in 34-113 or from any counselor. Please see Mrs. Browning for more information.
SOCIAL INNOVATION CHALLENGE
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT MASQUERADE GALA
Senior O'Tisha Jones gave a speech at the 2023 Junior Achievement Masquerade Gala. She spoke before 650 people!
Ms. Halsell's chorus students performed at the Junior Achievement Masquerade Gala. The performed a song, rap and dance.
University of Florida College of Engineering Visit
Additional tutoring on Thursday to begin in May.
SCIENCE FAMILY ENGAGEMENT EVENT
If you are interested, please see Mrs. Molina for more information.
If you have questions or need help completing the FAFSA please contact Mrs. Molina.
Community Food Giveaways for April. Chicken will also be available with the produce boxes this month. If they do not register prior to picking up food, they can fill the form out when they get there.
ORGANIZATIONS AND GROUPS
TIGER PRIDE DIVERSITY CLUB
MIDDLE SCHOOL STEM CLUB
Middle school STEM club is starting on Wednesday, December 7th. We will be meeting in room 806 at 3:40pm.
FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETES (FCA)
The Tiger Shack will be distributing non-perishable food in the building 6 and 7 carloop at dismissal every Friday while supplies last. Please keep in mind that no food is allowed on the bus this year.
CHILDREN'S VISION PROGRAM
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN
Approved on 10/25/22
PARENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT PLAN
Cocoa High School Dress Code Reminder
Parents/guardians, we could use your help in reminding your child(ren) of the dress code policy at CHS.
Pride is taken in the appearance of Cocoa High School students. School is the student's place of business where appropriate dress and hygiene are important. Students must dress in good taste out of respect for each other and their school. Students must dress in a manner that would not constitute a disruption, safety hazard, or impropriety. The responsibility for the dress and appearance of each student properly rests with the student and his/her guardian(s). The dress code is subject to the discretion of the administration.
- Garments must be of a length and fit that are suitable to the build and stature of the student and must not expose undergarments or be otherwise immodest.
- Clothing, jewelry, and accessories shall not convey messages that are crude, vulgar/profane, violent/death-oriented (Gothic), gang related, sexually suggestive, and/or promoting weapons, alcohol, drugs, or tobacco.
- Pierced jewelry shall be limited to the ear. Dog collars, tongue rings, wallet chains, large hair picks, chains that connect one part of the body to another, or other jewelry/accessories that pose a safety concern for the student or other shall be prohibited. Clear plastic spacers or retainers may be worn in facial piercings. Band-aids cannot cover a piercing.
- Hats, curlers, scarves, bandanas, and sweat bands are not to be worn in buildings or outside in hallways. Extreme hair styles or hair colors are prohibited.