I V.S Me
By: Bailee Paxton and Mackenzie Seace
I v.s Me Issue
How to use "and I" in a sentence
-Jim and I were swimming in the ocean, when a great white bit my leg off.
If you take away Jim you would have the following sentence:
-I was swimming in the ocean, when a great white bit my leg off.
Here's an example of "and I" being misused:
-My parents saw Jim and I bleeding from the shark bite.
If you read it without the noun, it would sound like this:
-My parents saw I bleeding from the shark bite.
That is how you use/misuse "and I".
Using "and me" in a sentence
- Scooby-Doo and me went to Walmart to solve some crimes.
You remember when I told you that if you are not sure about a sentence, then you should take the noun out to see if it makes sense? Well that same thing applies here. By taking the noun out, the sentence above would look like this.
-Me went to Walmart to solve some crimes.
That doesn't work, you could say I went to Walmart but we aren't talking about "and I" anymore. To fix this sentence you could say something like:
-Walmart had some crimes for Scooby-Doo and me to solve.
Now it would sound like:
-Walmart had some crimes for me to solve.
So that is how you correctly use/misuse "and me"
1. Can Thomas and me leave?
2. Meredith and I got called into an emergency surgery.
3. Your mother called, can Ashley and me eat lunch with her?
4. Derek and I go fishing for trout every morning.
5. Jack and I are very skilled at karate.
6. PJ and I were up in my family's treehouse.
7. Katniss invited Brady Ellison and me to an archery shoot.
8. Serena Williams and me played a quick game of tennis.
9. Uriah and I went ziplining with Tris.
10. Chase Utley and me went to the baseball field and had a catch.