Tiger Tracks Inside Edition
Travis High School Faculty Newsletter - September 23, 2019
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, September 23
View the most updated Duty Schedule here
START WITH HELLO WEEK BEGINS!
GO Forth & Be Kind – Wear Green
DEADLINE: Beau and Sweetheart Names Due to Mrs. Garrett - complete this form
Changes to 6-weeks grading deadline:
- The 6-weeks grading deadline for students is now the end of the day on Monday the 23rd.
- Teachers have until Tuesday the 24th at 11:59 PM to enter their grades.
- Grades will not be shown in Family Access until Thursday to allow data entry clerks time for clean-up.
- Should a teacher/UIL eligible student be in a difficult situation, teachers may use “incompletes.” However, those incompletes must be resolved by Thursday (last day of the week) because the UIL eligibility date is Monday, September 30th.
Tuesday, September 24
Letter jacket fitting--Academic Excellence ONLY on this date.
Go Above & Beyond with Kindness – Super Hero Day
TRTA representative set up in the lounge during lunches--She will be available to answer questions about membership discounts and benefits.
Volleyball: @ Ridgepoint 4:30/5:30/6:30
Tennis @ Clements 3:00 pm
Wednesday, September 25
Hello to your Future – College Wear Wednesday & Wellness Wednesday
Grade Changes must be submitted by 10:00 AM for PR2
Letter jacket fitting--Academic Excellence ONLY on this date.
Department Head Meeting (FOCR) 3:00
Football (Freshman) vs Elkins (Home) 4:30
Football @ Elkins (JV) 5:00
Thursday, September 26
Wake Up to Kindness – Pajama Day & "Night, Night, Knights!"
DEADLINE: Submit your ROAR Award here - see description below
Volleyball vs Clements (Home) 4:30/5:30/6:30
Football vs Elkins (Varsity) @ Mercer 6:30 pm
Friday, September 27
Fort Bend County Fair Day - No School!
START WITH HELLO WEEK:
Monday – Band, Cheer & Belles/Charms.
Tuesday – Boys & Girls Basketball, Volleyball, & Football.
Wednesday – HOSA, Academy (both), NHS, Debate
Thursday – Baseball, Softball, Boys & Girls Soccer, Track, Cross Country, Tennis, Choir, Orchestra, Theater.
We will also be doing theme days and a “Random Act of Kindness Chain of Events”
Here is the plan:
- EVERYONE could be called on to Pass On the Random Acts of Kindness – even if you don’t coach or sponsor a group (office staff, counselors, your 2nd period class, you get the point)
- We will designate a couple of groups/classes to start our “Random Act of Kindness” chain and they will do something nice for someone or a group of people. They will tweet it out with the #Hello2Kindness #StartWithHello #SandyHookPromise
- Then they will challenge another group to do a Random Act of Kindness!
- We will watch how this Random Act of Kindness chain grows and we will do our best to spend this week making everyone feel included. Be ready to be challenged J
Think Before You Post-Awareness Campaign
We have teamed up with FBI Houston to spread the important message that false and hoax threats of violence are no joke. Make plans to spread the Think Before You Post awareness campaign by using our media tool kit. High School students can enter a video in the PSA contest to win prizes.
Think Before You Post Graphs
Think Before You Post PSA Video
Think Before Your Post PSA Contest
SHOUT OUT to Mrs. Franco and Mr. Nichelson for presenting a wonderful Lunch and Learn on Blended Learning!!!
Our Homecoming game is October 11th @7pm @Mercer Stadium and our Homecoming dance is October 12th @8pm in the commons.
ROAR Award! Recognizing Outstanding Academic Results!
Sign up in Ms. Baker's office in F114!!! (Refer to the flyer in your mailbox for details)
Teacher toolkit-"Burning questions" activity
"We give the students all the topics we are going to discuss throughout the semester-on the screen or on a paper. We also give them a note card. They can ask 1 anonymous question about any topic from the list. No names on the card. We then read all the cards and categorize them according to the Units we go over. So, for example, we get all the questions about tobacco and group them together and when we get to this Unit we break out the questions and answer them. Of course we have Exit tickets during those Units so if they have more questions we go over those as well. This leads to good (and interesting) discussions. This is a No Tech. time. I put all my questions from all of my Health classes. So, I will answer questions from kids who aren't in their particular class. This helps with the Anonymous thing. This is also one of my favorite things we do in our class."
Attention FIRST PERIOD Teachers!!
The board pictured below was placed in your box on Friday if you have a first period class. When you have EVERY student IN CLASS & ON TIME – please use a dry erase marker, initial and date inside a box. When your board is full with 12 days of everyone present and on time, please contact Mrs. Kilgore in A116 so we may verify and get your class their treat!! This challenge begins on Monday, September 9th!
New items to complete:
The linked document provides dates and E-Learning codes for fall GT professional opportunities. 30-hour courses are included as well as opportunities for update hours
These forms will be required for students failing T1, however the grade blanks actually start with PR 2 so you may find them useful to start with students already struggling as a means to document your intervention prior to a 9 weeks failure.
Be Sure You Have Updated Your THS Teacher Website!
All websites should include:
· A short Bio
· Your teaching schedule
· Your tutorial times
- Link to your Schoology page(s)- Your contact information (email address and phone number)
If you have questions about website updates, please contact Dena Garcia!
Reminders For Staffulty
- 1. All teachers are to park in the faculty parking lot on the south side of the campus (by the bus ramp). The front staff lot is for office personnel and visitors only.
- 2. The service/emergency drive that runs from the parent drop-off lane, around by the tennis courts and empties onto the bus ramp is for emergency vehicles only. Employees are NOT allowed to park on this drive during the school day. .
- 3. Coaches/sponsors/directors – if you post flyers or posters in the halls of the school, PLEASE remove them within 24 hours after your event has occurred. You may enlist members of your organization to take them down for you. For example: if your group has a meeting advertised for Thursday the 29th after school, you and/or your kiddos should remove signage by the end of the day on Friday the 30th.
- 4 PLEASE remember: students are NOT allowed to leave class during the first ten and the last ten minutes of each class period. FOR ADVISORY: since this period is 20 minutes long, there should be no students allowed out on restroom passes or hall passes.
The only exceptions to 10/10 are passes sent from an office and obvious medical emergencies.
HabitudesOnline Access Information for NEW Users!
You now have access to the HabitudesOnline platform.
To access your account, you will log in via www.habitudesonline.com using the following credentials:
- Username: Your email
- Password: Habitudes
Our platform is optimized for the Google Chrome web-browser and may not function optimally with all browsers. Google Chrome is a free browser that can be downloaded HERE.
Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. If you have specific tech support questions, simply use the chat feature in the bottom right-hand corner of your HabitudesOnline home screen or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinic Corner: On-Site Flu Shot
On-Site Flu Shot Clinics
For Employees and Dependents (Age 4+)
Starts September 16
- FREE to employees, spouses and dependents (4 years and older) covered by FBISD medical plans
- $26 for employees without FBISD medical insurance
- Bring a COPY (front and back) of FBISD insurance card and write your date of birth on it
Please see attached flyer for more information and schedule for your school or location. Schools not listed have scheduled clinics with other vendors. Please see your nurse for information on when your flu clinic will be held.
Need more info? Details on the flu vaccine and in-network providers can be found HERE
Click Here for Schedule
Click Here for Influenza Vaccine Flyer
Benefit Coordinator Site Visit: 10.15.2019 8:00-4:30 in the Library
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center--Mammograms
For more information on MD Anderson’s mobile mammography, please click HERE
***Appointment times start at 8:30 A.M. & the end at 2:15 P.M.***
Please read the Patient Letter for important information on mammography patients
Please note a MINIMAL of 15 women must be signed up at least 10 business days before the screening date. If the minimum requirement is not met by the deadline, the mobile visit will be subject to cancellation. Walk-ins are not accepted.
2019-2020 Fort Bend Letter Jacket Program
Ms. Franco, our Professional Learning Lead, now has a form to fill out for any Educational support requests.
Refer to the email from Ms. Spina for specific instructions on 8.14.2019 if you are having trouble navigating through the site.
Our campus IT is Joshua Martin and his office is in the library! Please remember to put in a Support Portal ticker (Formerly CRM ticket) instead of emailing him when you have a request. Thank you!
ALL THINGS ADVISORY
"If you devote yourself to an ATTITUDE that these messages are important to our kids and make it a HABIT to stay engaged (no matter how many times over the years you’ve seen the same videos), then you’ll be able to work wonders with your Advisory kiddos. Please send the message through your own body language that these lessons are important and should be given our utmost attention!" The amazing Mr. Pope.
Check out Advisory Courses in Schoology!
9th grade Access Code: 25JG-6TGZ-63PVB
10th grade Access Code: VH3S-K9X8-5BGJV
11th grade Access Code: JJRJ-J73S-VV69B
12th grade Access Code: 2NQ2-Q2R3-DQTR9
Weekly Advisory Lesson Plans are located in the 1st 9 weeks folder of your appropriate Schoology Course under the appropriate dated week. You MUST log in and JOIN the correct Schoology course to access the videos and materials for this week's lessons.
Want a way to award Tiger Pride Points or recognize a student? Submit a positive office referral!
Grading Policy and Reporting Reminders! - PLEASE REVIEW!
- Do NOT put a 0 in on any assignment that was not completed due to student absence - for any reason - until the student has had sufficient time and opportunity to complete the assignment and failed to do so.
- Assignments in grade book must have specific name - i.e. Ch 12 vocab assignment vs Homework 2
- Grades must be entered within 5 days of assignment due date.
- Late Work is accepted - 1 day late is up to 15 points off; 2 days late is up to 30 points off
- Parent contact is required any time a student is unsuccessful and any time a student is in danger of failing a course - please document all contact
How to Reset Your Network Password
Do you have news to share? Email THS Announcements! (THS.Announcements@fortbendisd.com)
NCAA Night--6:00 pm in THS Auditiorium
Homecoming Community Pep Rally - 6:00 PM
Student Holiday/Professional Development Day
Homecoming Dance 8:00pm
Holiday - No School
Benefits Coordinator Site Visit--Library
Picture Make up day
Houston Teachers family, friends, and guest can enjoy the game at a preferred rate of $15!