Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of April 11th
- Colerain Lunch Menu - lunch menu for the rest of the school year has been posted below
- FREE Books - Your student has received several free books to help build a home library. Books are part of a partnership between CCS and Scholastic Books.
- Spring Egg Hunt - Thursday, April 14th - All Colerain Students will participate in an egg hunt sponsored by the Civitans of North Columbus. All students will be guaranteed 6 plastic eggs filled with non-food related prizes.
- 30-min Early Release - Thursday, April 14th @ 3p
- NO SCHOOL (Spring Break) - Friday, April 15th - Friday, April 22nd
- Colerain Musical "Aristocats" - Thursday, May 12th at 2:30p @ Colerain - see details below
- How to be Successful in Middle School - Thursday, May 12th from 3:15p - 4p @ Colerain - see details below
- Colerain Art Extravaganza - May 12th from 4p - 6p @ Colerain - see details below
We Want to Hear From You!
Information collected will be used by the Safe Routes to School program to plan safer streets, sidewalks and neighborhoods. Your participation will result in funding for activities to help make travel to and from schools safer and easier for all.
- Please take a few minutes to complete the online survey: https://odot.formstack.com/forms/srts_caregiver_survey.
- Complete the survey by Friday, April 15.
- Only one survey per household. (Please base survey responses on information about the youngest student in your household.)
CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions
Tuesday, April 12, 6:00-7:00 p.m - "Free CCS At Home Library"
Launching this month, CCS students in all grades will receive a FREE curated collection of books, novels, and literacy-themed activities. Research shows that students who read at home daily for at least 20 minutes can increase language development, improve comprehension and critical thinking, develop global empathy, and strengthen family relationships.
Join Tuesday’s Virtual Family Engagement Session when our Extended Learning experts will talk about the At Home Libraries and we share strategies to help families engage in reading-themed activities at home.
School Start Time Survey
Please take this brief survey here: https://tinyurl.com/CCSstart
Local Summer Camps
It's not too early to register for the many summer camps available around town:
- Camp Wyandot Overnight Camp Registration
- Camp Wyandot Day Camp Registration
- Columbus Parks & Recreation Camps
- MathPlus Camps
- Columbus Zoo Camps
- The Past Foundation Camps
- Franklin County Metro Parks Camps
- Columbus Children's Theater Camps
- Just Hoops Basketball Camps
- Ohio Hispanic Coalition Camps (scroll down to "youth & education")
- Columbus State University Camps
- Greater Columbus Sports Connection Camps
Free Home Help to Boost Grades and Attendance
Families at Colerain may soon be getting phone calls, text messages, or email from Engage Ohio as part of a new partnership to boost school engagement, attendance, and academic success.
It’s part of a partnership with the Ohio Department of Education and Graduation Alliance to connect families with more FREE academic resources and support at home, especially for students who may have missed an average of one or more days a week throughout the school year.
Families are invited to sign up for a no-cost Academic Success Coach who can help connect them with resources, local contacts, and helpful strategies to keep their students on track and engaged with schooling. The Engage Ohio Academic Success Coach is completely free and totally optional. You can learn more and sign up for an Engage Ohio Academic Success Coach at https://registeroh.graduationalliance.com/.
Dominion Middle School
If your student will be a 6th grader next year at Dominion MS, please complete this form to ensure your student gets the "electives" (art, band, drama, etc) that they want.
If your student is going to another middle school and you have not received this form/info, please let me know and I can put you in touch with the right folks.
Pathways Express - APRIL
Learners on the World Languages and Cultures path value the uniqueness of others, build global empathy, and expand communication skills.
More details here: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/11279
CCS Digital Dashboard
- FREE Vaccine Locations (no appointment needed): see flyer below
- Ohio Department of Health: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Columbus Public Health: https://www.columbus.gov/c19vax/
- Children's Hospital: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/covid-19/vaccine
- Your Pediatrician: call them to see if they are providing vaccines yet
- ***NEW: City of Columbus Rental and Utility Assistance
- ***NEW: Furniture Bank of Central Ohio - 614-272-9544
- "Father Up"Program - free program/resources from "action for children"
- FREE Fresh Food Market (starting Saturday, March 19th @ 11a) - see flyer below for more details.
- Huckleberry House (CRISIS Shelter)
- Real Mom Nutrition (CCS mom and Family Ambassador)
- First Tee Central Ohio (FREE Golf Classes for CCS Students)
- Columbus Parks & Rec Summer Camp Registration (outdoor camp registration starts Thursday, February 24th at 7 pm indoor camp registration starts March 1st at 7 pm)
- Joseph's Coats (& household goods)
- Children's Advocacy Project
- Cota Plus (rides to and from your home...accessible vehicles per request)
- Black Mental Health
- Tutoring Resources
- Action for Children
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.