Work on a high-performance, complex app with a great team
We're looking for an awesome DevOps engineer to join our team in Tel Aviv!
Passionate about building elegant and fun products?
Do you love to create beautiful things? Do you like it when something works right, not just on the outside, but also on the inside? Do you like that feeling when millions of users depend on and love what you've created, and use it every day?
At Smore, we're passionate about creating the best possible products. We care about all the little details that make a product great. That also extends to our engineering and company culture.
Are you a web or iOS developer? Check out our other job listings.
We work on Rothschild Blvd in Tel Aviv - where all the cool startups are :)
Smorinio the happy S'more (although sometimes he's sad, like when there's an error)
We strive to make beautiful, compelling and relevant products all the time
What You'll Be Doing
Make Smore run fast and be a pleasure to develop
Over the past 3 years we’ve built Smore from nothing into a thriving site that serves over 100M requests per month to millions of monthly visitors. It’s time to take it to the next level and create a development environment and ops tools to match. You will help us get there.
Take charge of Smore’s production environment: dozens of servers running on AWS (Python, MongoDB, Node.js and Nginx)
Build and maintain a state-of-the-art development environment (toolchains, CI, testing, wikis, documentation, etc)
Bring Smore’s performance and maintainability to the next level using bleeding-edge open source tools and custom solutions (e.g. Docker, Go, Redis)
- Integrate with 3rd party monitoring and performance tools to make sure Smore is running perfectly.
Work in quick iterations and get things shipped.
- At Smore, everyone has product input and is expected to care about the product's quality. Our mission is to delight our customers.
- We're a small team, so you'll have a say in our product discussions, engineering processes and company culture.
- Fluent with scripting languages (Bash, Python/Ruby), especially for creating ops tools
- Experience working in a production Linux environment
- Experience with cloud deployments, especially Amazon AWS
- A passion for performance, simplicity and creating elegant, reliable solutions
- Experience working on and optimizing complex web applications, including in-depth knowledge of HTTP
- Database optimization experience, especially with MongoDB
- Familiarity with continuous integration solution and build tools
- Experience with Git, including automation
- Experience working with modern web MVC frameworks like Rails, Django, Pylons and others
- Open source contributions, especially to projects in this space
- The perfect candidate will be friendly, service-oriented and passionate about building a world-class development environment for the entire company
What we love:
A passion for open source and side projects (we’d love to see your work)
Avid gamer and/or movie buff
- Nintendo or Blizzard fan-boy
Top 6 reasons to work at Smore:
We only hire the best talent. Work with top-quality engineers, designers, and more.
Make a difference
Small team means your input is important.
We work 10:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thu & 10:30am-3:00pm Fri.
Code review, tests and thorough design are our bread and butter.
We love trying crazy things
Work on company-wide weekend projects and contribute to open source.
Successful, dynamic company
Smore is a high revenue company that is here to stay.
We love trying crazy things
Smore is a platform for empowering small (mostly offline) businesses to start promoting themselves online. On Smore they design marketing messages called "online flyers." Just like you would spread a flyer offline, you can use Smore to promote through your mailing list, on social networks, on Craigslist, etc. You can then see your promotions' impact through a central dashboard.
Our goal is to make "promoting stuff online" super easy and effective. We believe in empowering businesses to write their own content and promote it through channels that make sense to them, while helping them build good marketing habits.
Smore now has over 750,000 users, 1.5M flyers, and around $70k/month in revenue.
- Your resume (PDFs work best).
- Links to: your blog, your GitHub profile, your StackExchange profile, any projects you've worked on and any open source contributions you've made.
- Why you want to work for Smore.
- Anything else that we should know or that you think might help us get to know you better :)