Nick Imparato TB 7
What is Hepatitis?
Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver caused by a virus (A, B, C, D, or E).
Transmissions of Hepatitis:
Hepatitis B- Transfer of blood or other body fluids, unprotected sex, and sharing of needles.
Hepatitis C- Transfer of blood or other body fluids.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
- Nausea, vomiting, and lack of appetite
- Abdominal pain (upper right side)
- Light-colored bowel movements
- Dark-colored urine
Blood test- determination
Hepatitis B- antiviral medications, and vaccine.
Hepatitis C- antiviral medications, but no real cure or vaccine.
Liver cancer and cirrhosis.
- Don't have unprotected sex
- Avoid intravenous drug use and sharing of drug paraphernalia
- Always wash your hands
- Don't share toothbrushes or razors
- Avoid eating raw shellfish
- Don't get tattoos or piercings