Austin ROO Staff Newletter
May 10, 2016
Wise Words from Todd Whitaker
Positive Phrases to use with students
What if ...Every decision was based on these 4 questions?
76% of our staff Tweeted within a week! 3rd grade, 5th grade and 6th grade had 100% participation!!!!
May 12 - 6th grade band to Sandy Lake
May 12 - 7:00 p.m. WISD Board Meeting
May 13 - Roo Fest (5th grade, Kelley Long's class and Sarah Kline's class will be going)
May 13 - Kindergarten field trip
May 16 - Team Leader Day - off sight planning
May 17 - 6:30 p.m. Band Concert at Durant Auditorium
May 18 - Volunteer Luncheon (Bring something - sign up in the lounge)
May 18 - 3:45 CIT
May 19 - 3rd grade field trip
May 19 - 4:00 DEIC Meeting at BLC
May 19 - 6:00 - Dyslexia Meeting at Austin library/computer lab
May 20 - 4th grade field trip to the capital
May 20 - Kickball Tournament for Grades 5 and 6
May 24 - Kid Appreciation Day!
May 24 - Picnic Day!
May 24 - 3rd grade Talent Show (grades 1 and 2)
May 24 - Kindergarten and 6th grade to Durant Auditorium to Practice for graduation
May 24 - CiCi's Spirit Night
May 24 - 6:30 p.m. 6th grade Graduation at Durant Auditorium
May 25 - Awards Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Switch 2nd grade outclass to 8:00-8:45 a.m.
8:30 - 4th grade Awards
9:15 - 5th grade Awards
10:00 - 3rd grade Awards
1:45 - 2nd grade Awards
2:15 - 1st grade Awards
May 26 - 8:00 a.m. - Last AFV
May 26 - 9:00-9:30 Seniors Walk
May 26 - 9:30 6th grade Talent Show (grades 3, 4, and 5)
May 26 - End of year parties
May 26 - 11:45 a.m. Early Dismissal
May 26 - 1:30 p.m. - WISD staff recognition assembly at Durant Auditorium
May 27 - Field Day!
My 27 - 11:45 a.m. Early Dismissal
May 27 - 6:30 p.m. Kindergarten Graduation at Durant Auditorium
May 31 - 8:00-12:00 Teacher Workday (Last day on contract)
2016 Summer Compliance Bundle
- In order to meet the training requirements in Texas statute, WISD will use online trainings offered by ESC 11. Each course is designed to take approximately 30 minutes or less.
- Campus Instructional Staff will be required to complete all 11 trainings and will receive 1 day of comp time replacing November 22, 2016.
- All other staff will be required to complete #1, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11 and will receive ½ day of comp time that replaces ½ day of November 22, 2016.
Directions for registration will be sent to you in the next few weeks.
1. Bloodborne Pathogens
2. Bullying Prevention
3. Child Abuse & Maltreatment
5. Teen Dating Violence & Abuse
6. FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act
7. Internet Safety
8. Section 504
9. Sexual Harassment
10. Suicide Prevention
11. Texas Educator's Code of Ethics
- Each of the eleven courses listed above will be available during each training cycle shown in the schedule below. Participants may complete all courses within a single training cycle or elect to complete different courses in different cycles. At the conclusion of a training cycle, if you have completed all of the required course activities, your name will be submitted to Region 11’s Registration Office. The participant will then receive a confirmation email that includes a link to a course evaluation. The session, along with its credit hours, will appear on your transcript at ESC 11 once you complete the course evaluation.
- June 20th - June 26th
- June 27th - July 3rd
- July 5th - July 10th (note difference in start date, due to holiday)
- July 11th - July17th
- July 18th - July 24th
- July 25th - July 31st
- August 1st - August 7th