CHS COUNSELOR NEWS
IMPORTANT DECEMBER DATES
Dec 19 - Jan 5th - Winter Break
END OF SEMESTER 1
Students will start 2nd semester courses on January 14th.
Please note this is a change from typical school years! Students will continue with semester 1 classes when they return from Winter Break!
FAFSA IS NOW OPEN
- Do not let the FAFSA intimidate you! It can be overwhelming just because it requires so much information, but just take it one step at a time and read each question carefully.
- Allow yourself a designated time to complete the FAFSA so you do not feel rushed, but remember you can always save and return to it later
- Utilizing the help tools and frequently asked questions area located on the right side of the website can be VERY helpful)
- The FAFSA is FREE - never pay to fill out the FAFSA or give anyone else your information to file for you
- The FAFSA requires information regarding both the student and the parent!
- You will need 2019 tax information to complete the FAFSA
- Both students and parents need to create an FSA ID before filing the FAFSA. This is an extra security precaution to be sure that all confidential information is safe and protected.
TO START THE PROCESS OF FILING THE FAFSA CLICK THE GREY BOX BELOW AND CAREFULLY FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
UPCOMING SAT INFORMATON
had to have registered by Nov 5th
TEST DATE: March 13th
Register by Feb 12th
TEST DATE: May 8th
Register by April 8th
TEST DATE: June 5th
Register by May 6th
UPCOMING ACT INFORMATION
had to have registered by November 6th
TEST DATE: February 6th
Register by January 8th
TEST DATE: April 17th
Register March 12th
TEST DATE: June 12th
Register by May 7th
TEST DATE: July 17th
Register by June 18th
21st Century Scholars
This is for 21st Century Scholars Only. If you are not sure if you are a 21st century scholar, please contact your counselor to find out!
Please join the 21st Century Scholar Google Classroom with code 7cgoipi