Always a way out
By: Lauren Thornton
- "I wish I were dead."
- "Nobody needs me."
- "I'm going to kill myself."
- "My family would be better off without me."
- "I won't have to deal with this for much longer."
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Someone making an impossibly fast recovery from depression
- A previous suicide attempt
How to Prevent Suicide
Steps you can take to Prevent it:
- Show them you care about them and value their life
2. Confront them in a delicate way to ensure that you won't trigger more negativity thoughts.
3. Talk to them about different people they can call and places they can go for help.
4. Ensure them that you will be there with them so they don't feel alone.
5. Make sure to keep an eye on them through out the whole process to make sure they won't
make any risky decisions.