Southwood Parent Peek at the Week
February 12 - February 16, 2018
- We hope you are enjoying reading "Save Me a Seat" with your child!
- Kindergarten registration began last Monday! A paper came home with each child last Monday. If you have a child who will be 5 on or before August 31, please send this form back to school. If you know someone who has a child that will be starting kindergarten but wouldn't receive a paper, please give this to them.
- The Robotics team will meet on Tuesday afternoon.
- The last day to turn in candy grams for student council is Tuesday.
- The Battle of the Books team will meet on Wednesday afternoon.
- Our coupon book fundraiser is still going on. Thank you for helping us raise money for our playground repairs. If you do not wish to participate, just send the book back to school.
- Our book collection campaign is still going on. Please send in any gently used books that your family is finished reading. 3rd grade is currently in the lead for the number of books brought.
General Information & Reminders
- If your child is a bus rider, please make sure that they are at the bus stop when the bus arrives.
- If your child is a car rider and they eat breakfast in the cafeteria, please make sure they are at school in time to eat breakfast and get to class by 8:00.
- Students will go to school on February 19 for a snow make up day.
- Students are now in school all day on March 29 and June 8. (These were previously early release days.)