By: Addie Thielemann
- Ernest hunted sharks with a Thompson SubMachine Gun
- Had 4 wives
- Hemingway was awarded a Bronze Star for his bravery under-fire in World War II when he was a war correspondent
- Hemingway’s son worked as a big-game hunter and ran a safari business in Tanzania
- He survived many things such as cancer, 2 planes crashes, and pneumonia
- In high school he was excellent student athlete who boxes, plays football and writes for the school newspaper and yearbook
- He was a World War I ambulance driver
- He stole a urinal from his favorite bar
- Once he posted a recipe for apple pie in his column
- As a boy his mother dressed him like a girl
- He has a six toed cat
- He killed himself with his favorite shotgun
- He could write a story in 6 words
- Hemingway along with his father, brother, sister, and granddaughter all committed suicide
- At age 17 he nicknamed himself "papa"
- Hemingway lived in Oak Park, Kansas City, Italy, Toronto, Chicago, Paris, Key West, Cuba, and Idaho
- The city of Key West, Florida, has an Ernest Hemingway lookalike contest every year
- He was at 8:00 a.m.
- His granddaughter Mariel Hemingway co-starred in Woody Allen's movies "Manhattan" and "Deconstructing Harry"
- He pictured on a 25¢ US commemorative postage stamp in the Literary Arts series, issued 17 July 1989
Mini BIO - Ernest Hemingway