3rd Grade News
Week of Dec. 14-18, 2015
What We Are Learning
- Associative Property of Multiplication
- Distributive Property of Multiplication
- 2 Step Multiplication Word Problems
- R-Controlled Vowels
- Context Clues using Definitions
- Character Analysis
- Narrative Poem
-Relationship of the Sun, Moon, and Earth
- Individuals, events, and ideas that have changed communities, past and present
Spelling Words - R-Controlled Vowels
On Level List
3rd Grade Natatorium Field Trip Information
Dec. 16th- Mrs. Lucero, Mrs. Palmer, and Mrs. Rutledge's classes will attend the natatorium.
On the day of your child's trip to the pool, students are asked to wear their swimsuits on underneath their regular school clothes. Each child will need to bring 2 towels, an easy to open snack in a bag, and a lunch in a separate bag or lunch box. These items should be placed in a large overnight bag or plastic bag. Upon arrival to the pool, students will prepare by placing their school clothes (including shoes and socks) in their bag. Each child will keep their towel with them throughout the morning. (A name on your child's clothing might be helpful, but not completely necessary.) Also, at the end of the day when your child is preparing to return to school, a reminder to them to bring an additional undergarment of clothing such as underwear is appreciated. As even greater importance, make sure your child has breakfast to start their day. Please ask your child's teacher if you have any questions prior to the trip.
Spelling Test Change
Math & Science Night
- Natatorium Field Trip for Self, Shaffer, and Helm classes
- Natatorium Field Trip for Lucero, Palmer, and Rutledge classes
- Classroom Parties @ 11:00 a.m.
- Early Dismissal @ 12:00 p.m.
December 21-January 4
- Winter Break
- Students return to school
- Principal's Coffee @ 8:15 a.m.