Staying safe online
What is Internet safety?
Internet safety is making sure that you are being careful and safe on the computer. This is a very important because if you are not safe online, people will be able to find out information about you. People could find personal pictures of you and your family. You could have this stuff posted on another website, where anyone can see it. That is why you should always be cautious when you are using the Internet.
- Anonymous Address: Be sure that your email address doesn’t give away your gender.
- Multiple usernames: You should have different usernames for each website. Then people from another website that you play can’t find you other places.
- Don’t trust: People aren’t always who they say they are. Be cautious, don’t always believe that people are who they say they are.
- No information: If someone asks you a personal question, like where you live, or what your phone number is, don’t answer them.
- Report, Report, Report: If someone is sending you inappropriate pictures, mean comments, or is harassing you on a website, do not be afraid to report them.
- Think before you post: Don’t post anything that you will later regret. The whole world may end up being able to see it!