March 11-14, 2018
We Are A.R.M.Y. Strong!!
Our vision is to ensure that all students are WMS ARMY Strong and are prepared for high school, college and careers.
Please be checking with Students on their grades and homework completion. Many of the homework assignments show a green checkmark when they are completed. We are seeing many students starting assignments but we need to continue to improve the number of students completing assignments.
NWEA Testing This Week
"I See It, I Take It" Policy
To order visit, www.inter-state.com/yearbook and enter the code 32076D, or pay with cash or check, payable to Washington Middle School.
Free Dress Friday for Citizenship
1. Growth from Q2 to Q3 - 1 point for growth or maintaining A's
2. GPA - 4 points for A average, 3 for B average, 2 for C average and 1 for D average
3. Behavior - 5 points for 0 Office Referrals, 4 points for 1 Office Referrals, 3 points for 2 Office Referrals, 2 points for 3 Office Referral, and 0 points for more 4 or more
4. Extracurricular - 3 points for 3 or more days/week of after-school programs, sports or involvement in outside activities, 2 points for 2 days/week and 1 point for 1 day/week.
Students must have 8 total points out of the 13 total to achieve Citizenship. Students achieving Citizenship only will be able to have Free Dress Friday. They will receive a certificate by Thursday, so they are notified.
PTSA March Madness Family Event and Open Gym
Friday, March 15th, 6pm
Washington Middle School
8th Grade Recognition Ceremony Scheduled
The dress code: Ladies can wear dresses, skirts or dress pants. Dresses and skirts must be longer than finger tip length and shoulders must be covered. If girls are wearing dresses with tank tops or straps, they can cover shoulders with sweaters or jackets.
Gentlemen are encouraged to wear dress shirts and ties or bow ties. Jackets and suits are encouraged.
Parking: Parking will be limited to the football stadium parking lot along Highway 41. Please enter the doors that face Washington Avenue. The main parking lot will only be open for handicapped family members.
This is a formal event to honor the work of our students. We ask that you help us model appropriate and respectful behavior during this event by clapping respectfully and refraining from yelling as student names are being called. This is out of respect for all families, so they can also hear their child's name.
ISTEP is out and ILEARN is in
If you have questions about this test or how Washington Middle School is preparing students for higher expectations, please contact Mrs. Branson at 812-477-8983.
How is your child doing in classes?
If you have questions or concerns about grades you can contact your child's teachers, Mrs. April Coughlin or Administration to set up meetings.
WMS Expectations and Procedures Handbook
Dress Code Reminders
Cool Weather Items
Type: hoodless sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts, vest, zip up fleece, softshell or cardigan worn with a collared button down or polo shirt underneath
Colors: any solid color
Logo: small manufacturers logos are acceptable; school logos are permitted
The following is unacceptable at WMS and will not be allowed:
· Unnatural hair colors (bright red, burgundy, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink or purple) anywhere in the hair.
· Body piercings, excluding ears. Earrings that pose a safety hazard or that are disruptive in nature
· Visible tattoos
· Skinny style pants, stretch pants or tight fitting clothing
· Hats or head coverings inside the school
· Cell Phones, large purses, gym bags, backpacks, backpack style purses, and drawstring bags must be kept in students’ lockers from 7:30am to 2:30pm.