Clarks Creek Staff News
May 2 - 6, 2016
It's Staff Appreciation Week!
As we finish testing, send several groups out on field trip experiences, and continue working to meet the goals of the year and keep kids learning up until the very last day, take a moment to stop and know how very much you are appreciated!!
Here are the fun things going on this week:
- Monday - Breakfast and Coffee Bar in Town Hall from before 8:00 until 9:00 or so
- Tuesday - Staff "Cinco de Mayo" lunch (a few days early!)
- Wednesday - You're our favorites! Wear your favorite color on the top half and everybody's favorite color on the bottom half!
- Thursday - You've done a 'hole' lot of work this year! Stop by the mailroom for donut holes!
- Friday - "Sundae is coming" day - Stop by the lounge and make a sundae at lunch!
It's going to be a great week!
- Classroom inventories will be distributed this week. You can be working on these as you have time; they will be due before the end of the year.
- Please include the following information from the cafeteria in your emails or newsletters to parents. Starting Monday, May 9th, we will enforce our NO charging policy for breakfast and lunch. PLEASE keep your child’s lunch account current with money for lunch. If your child eats breakfast at school PLEASE make sure their account is funded for that as well, as breakfast is an important start to a child’s day. If your child’s account is in the negative and they do NOT have a lunch, they will have to call home to have a lunch or money brought to them.
Library Schedule - Reminder
It’s that time again, when we wrap up things in the library and do inventory. I wanted to give everyone a heads-up on the schedule in plenty of time for you to plan for May.
Please be aware that classes will continue to visit library for specials right through last day of school. We will be having lessons, just not checking out books after a certain date. The following information only applies to checking out and returning books due to our inventory process:
The last rotation for student checkout of books will be May 4-10. That means if you come on Day 1 of the rotation (May 4) your students will check out for the last time that day; if you come on Day 5, your students will check out for the last time on May10.
The last rotation for student book return will be May 11-18. Again, if you come on Day 1, your students’ books will be due that day (May 11), etc. We cannot have all books returned on one specific day as we have over 2000 books checked out and that would create a tremendous backlog.
If you as a teacher need books you may continue to check them out through the end of the school year. We must have student books back for inventory, however.
Thank you for your help with this process,
10-Day Forecast of Upcoming Events
5/2 - 5/6 Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/2 - 5/10 K Classes to Library on various days
- 5/2 Breakfast and Coffee Bar provided by PTO
- 5/3 Staff Lunch provided by PTO
- 5/3 Discussion Mtg - 3:50 in Conference Rm
5/3 Building Discussion Mtg 4:00pm Conference Rm
- 5/4 MD out for LHC meetings
5/4 Fourth Grade Trip to Statehouse 9:00 - 2:00 p.m.
5/4 - 5/5 Fifth Grade Trip to FlatRock Camp 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
5/5 Third Grade Trip to NIFS/NCAA 9:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- 5/6 First Grade to Zoo 9:00 - 2:00 pm.
- 5/6 Reward for Walk-a-Thon Winning Class
- 5/9 Pat Cooney to talk to 5th grade 9:40 - 10:25
5/9 PTO Meeting 6:30pm
- 5/10 2:45 - 3:15 Study Buddy Party - Staff Lounge
- 5/11 Student Council Breakfast for Staff 7:45 - Cafeteria
- 5/12 Kindergarten Screenings 8:00 - 4:00
- 5/13 Field Day
- 5/13 No Sub Caller Available
- Congratulations again to Dayna Cade, who was selected as the elementary representative to go forward in this year's Teacher of the Year competition! We know she will be an excellent representative
- Congratulations to Camie Broughton and Lisa Tinkle who were honored as Optimist Partners in Education this week.