April 23, 2023
¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
¿Necesita traducción? Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
Precisa de tradução? No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
Need translation? On a computer/laptop, click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
A huge congratulations to King's very own assistant principal Ms. Gelardi for completing the 2023 Boston Marathon!
Ms. Gelardi wants to thank everyone who supported her along the way!
We also wanted to acknowledge the concerns shared by two of Boston’s premier clubs for BIPOC runners and the BAA's statement in response "...we need to do better to create an environment that is welcoming and supportive of the BIPOC communities at the marathon."
Please let us know if you believe your child would benefit from a check in with one of our social workers in regards to this event.
Shout out to King Specialists for another fun and exciting Break Bonanza!
Dates to Know
Please note MCAS dates have been updated due to scheduling conflicts; our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
- April 25: Gr. 3 ELA MCAS
- April 26: Gr. 3 ELA MCAS
- April 27: Early Release: Parent Conferences; Family, Friends, and Neighbors Day - No H/W
- April 28: Gr. 5 Math MCAS
- May 2: Arts Extravaganza
- May 3: Gr. 5 Math MCAS
- May 4: Early Release: Parent Conferences
- May 5: Gr. 4 Math MCAS
- May 9: Gr. 4 Math MCAS
- May 10: Gr. 3 Math MCAS
- May 11: Early Release: Parent Conferences
- May 12: Gr. 3 Math MCAS
- May 16: Gr. 5 Science MCAS
- May 17: Gr. 5 Science MCAS
- May 18: Early Release
- May 25: Early Release: Parent Conferences\
- May 29: Memorial Day: No School
April Spirit Week 2023: Autism Celebration
This year, as part of our celebration of Autism Awareness, the students in our ASD program, have voted on and developed a school-wide spirit week.
Thank you to the students and staff in our Autism Program for designing this school-wide celebration!
Spring Conferences Coming Up!
The Arts Extravaganza is almost upon us! Our Arts Extravaganza is Tuesday, May 2nd and will be held throughout the school day. This year, we are merging the Spring Concert and Art Show into one day of Arts fun!
- 9:15-10:00: Fourth Grade Performance & Art Show (pending arrival of busses)
- 10:05-10:50: Third Grade Performance & Art Show
- 11:10-11:55: Second Grade Performance & Art Show
- 12:35-1:20: First Grade Performance & Art Show
- 1:30-2:15: Kindergarten Performance & Art Show
- 2:30-3:15: Fifth Grade Performances & Art Show (all students will need instruments!)
Following all performances, students, staff, and families will have the opportunity to use the remainder of the time to explore the amazing Art Exhibit around the Gym!
5th Grade Info Night @ Fuller: April 26 5:00 - 7:00 PM
How can families partner with King during MCAS?
- Please support your child in getting a good night's rest
- Please have your child eat a good breakfast in the morning; reminder breakfast is available and free of charge to all students at King
- Help your child to arrive to school on time; we will be sure to support students in cases of late busses
- Please encourage your child to listen to the directions, read carefully, double check their work, take their time and "do their best"
If your child is in grades K-2:
- Please remind your child to do their best to be quiet in the hallways as some of their older friends are testing.
Thank you all for your support of our students!
April Break Bingo
FHS Dance Team hosts Youth Clinic on May 7
Character Trait of the Month: Determination
Social Emotional Behavioral Community Building
Check Out This Resource From Our School Social Workers - Updated for April
From Your Specialists!
Hi Families! This year, our specialist team wants you to be able to take a look inside our classrooms. This is the first of many "Specialists Corner" for you to see the fun activities we're doing, and communicate any upcoming events or activities!
Here is the next edition of "Specialists Corner!" https://www.smore.com/7df95
FPS Launches ¡Pa’Lante Framingham!, a Talent Acquisition Program to Recruit Bilingual Teachers from Puerto Rico
Information from PTO
*PTO Executive Board: Elections for the 2023/24 Executive Board will take place at our May 10 meeting. If you have any questions, you're interested in volunteering for a position, or would like to nominate someone, please email email@example.com. Open positions are Co President, VP of Fundraising, VP of Community Events, Treasurer, and Recording Secretary. The new members of the eBoard will be part of the budget planning for next school year. Thank you!
*Fun event! If you'd like to help with the end of year Family Fun Multicultural day please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Another Fun event! The Fuller, McCarthy, and King PTOs have joined forces to host a fun Master Chef event on April 29! You can sign up to make food, donate an item, or just go enjoy the offerings! https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/70a0e44a8ae22a20-master2
*If you are interested in helping the PTO with in-person or virtual Portuguese or Spanish translation at future PTO meetings and events, or flyer translations, please reach out to email@example.com.
Community Vibes Framingham presents Juneteenth Fest: Sign Up Below!
Meet the King Staff!
Allergy Friendly Classrooms
- We ask that snacks (that are often eaten in the classroom) do not include nuts or nut butters. All classroom spaces at King this year will be allergy friendly rooms. Students are, however, allowed to have nuts and nut butters as part of their lunches in the cafeteria.
- In the cafeteria each classroom has 2 tables. One is labeled allergy friendly. We ask that any students that have nut or nut butter allergies sit at these tables; we ask that any students who have nut or nut butters as part of their lunch sit at the other tables.
- Students have been introduced to this in the cafeteria already, and will be reminded by their classroom teachers again.
Tour the school with ROARY!
Important Information SMORE
Doors open: 8:50am
Breakfast: 8:50am - 9:05am
School begins: 9:05am
School dismissal: 3:20pm
*Early release dismissal: 12:55pm (lunch is served)
*Half day dismissal: 12:20pm (lunch is not served)
Attendance Line: 508-782-7201