CLP Weekly Memo
Week of September 28 - October 2
At CLP We Are Growing Leaders Every Day In Every Way!
9-29 Lighthouse Team Training
9-30 Fair Day
9-30 Safe Schools Training is due this day
10-1 PTA Popcorn Sales Start
10-1 PTA General Meeting/Star Gazing Event
10-12 to 10-14 5th Grade at Camp Grady Spruce
10-13 Staff Meeting with Mr. Bailey
10-14 Early Release District Led (Please make sure you take a lunch count the day before for early release and turn that count into Dorothy. This week she had a count of 150 and over 300 sack lunches were served.)
10-14 RHS Homecoming Parade (Cullins will have a float)
10-19 to 10-23 Early Voting will take place at Cullins
10-26 Chick Fil A Night
Reminders (repeated information is in Italics)
- iPad Carts: Tina has delivered your iPad carts to your workrooms. Understandably each of you are pulling iPads from the cart for your stations. However, when your teammates need the iPads for class projects and lessons to integrate technology those iPads should be shared with your teammates. In order for us to integrate technology with students the full carts need to be available. Thanks for your help with this friends!!!
- Lesson plans are due in E-Backpack ideally by Friday afternoon, no later than Sunday night or before school Monday morning. Please make sure they are posted!
- Lighthouse Team Members: Make sure you have secured an all day sub for Tuesday for Lighthouse Team training.
- PLC on Thursday of next week will be for all staff members. The schedule will come out early next week for which time to attend.
- Fair Tickets will be distributed to students on Monday.
- ALL Safe Schools training is due on Wednesday of next week. (9-30) Please make sure you have completed all training by this date. Several of you still have outstanding assignments. You should login and verify that all is completed.
- If you are going to be absent you should ALWAYS do two things: 1. Notify me 2. Notify your team. If you have completed a request for discretionary leave form then it is already on my calendar and I am aware. This refers to sick days that aren't planned.
- Pre-K and Kinder will start iStation assessments next week.
- Please be sure that your green sheets are added to your emergency plans in preparation for the next drills.
- Chick-Fil-A cards are in boxes for you to distribute to students as incentives.
- DRA is due on Friday. Please send Jen and Veronica an electronic copy.
Cullins Staff Members Being AWESOME!! (Formerly known as Kudos)
Thank you to the following for stepping up to help with car and lunch duties when we were low on subs this week:
PK had such great cafeteria behavior this week!! They were all sitting quietly and patiently!
Diana Frankenfield for opening up the gym for Picture Day!!!!
- Michelle Foster is ROCKING the Reader's Workshop!!! Keep it up girl!
Alyssa Griffith. She is willing to do whatever it takes to meet our kids' needs. Alyssa is a great example of beginning with the end in mind. She noticed a group of students were weak in phonics and immediately began looking for a solution.
- Dawn Bishop for offering to meet with a parent when her teammate was not available. She is the epitome of what it means to be a team player.
I hope you all have had a great week!!! I have been off campus learning most of the week. Monday I was able to spend the morning with Phil Warrick along with Christina Powers to learn more about common assessments. On Tuesday I was at Region 10 for the Principal Leadership Academy. Our featured guest was Dave Burgess the author of Teach Like a Pirate. Wednesday I was at principal's meeting ALLLLLL day and then yesterday I was fortunate to be a participant at the Rockwall ISD Teacher Institute with Heather Caldwell and Becki Hensel. It was a great day and we learned LOTS and were inspired by Canadian educator George Couros. One of the big topics of the day was Twitter and how the world sees us as a school through Twitter. I have tweeted out a couple of things this morning from my classroom visits using the hashtag #CLPlearns. I challenge each of you to create a Twitter account and see what's out there for educators. It's like Professional Learning in your PJ's!!! The Cullins Twitter page is @CLP_Elementary.
Well after this busy week of learning I'll end with a short quote. "Manage yourself. Effective management is putting first things first. If you are an effective manager of yourself, your discipline comes from within; it is a function of your independent will. You are a disciple of your own deep values and their source." Did you know there is a 7 Habits app??? Yes!!! There's an app for that!!! Search in the app store and you can get daily boosters such as the one I've quoted above. Lots of other resources are also available from the app. Download it friends!!!
We are looking forward to a great weekend! Tonight we will be attending the "halftime show" at the RHS football game!! :) Tomorrow we will celebrate Jack's granny's 87th birthday with family. And at 6pm it will be time to cheer on my Aggies!!! Then hoping for a Cowboys win without Tony and Dez on Sunday!!
Have a great weekend of rest so you can come back and do AWESOME things on Monday!