The Definition of Urbanization
Urbanization is a word for becoming more like a city. When populations of people grow, the population of a place may spill over from city to nearby areas. This is called urbanization. Maybe tall apartment buildings spring up on what had been the outskirts of town, bringing more people there to live and work.
Benefits and Opportunities of Urbanization
- It helps in overall economic development of the country because due to urbanization local talents gets chances whether it is in sports, business, entertainment
- People who are from rural areas are deprived of basic amenities like school, hospitals, banks and so on but due to urbanization these people get these facilities and hence it helps in improving the overall living standard of people.
- Since people in rural areas are more superstitious and follow old age traditions like child marriages, black magic, gender bias and so on which leads to many problems but due to urbanization when these people come to cities slowly they began to come out of their regressive attitude
- Due to urbanization many people benefit but not all get the opportunities which results in those people doing illegal things like robbery, kidnapping, murder.
- Since many people migrate to cities it results in scarcity of houses which in turn results in development of slums and since in these slums many people live in small areas (which is unhygienic) it results in these people contracting many diseases.
- Metro cities due to urbanization are not prepared to face natural disasters like flood, earthquake, tsunami and if faced with such disasters it can cause loss of both property and people.
Problems with Urbanization
- Intensive urban growth can lead to greater poverty, with local governments unable to provide services for all people.
- Pollution and physical barriers to root growth promote loss of urban tree cover.
- Animal populations are inhibited by toxic substances, vehicles, and the loss of habitat and food sources.
Opinion of Whether These Issues Are Still Present Today
No, i do not think these problems are still relivant because we have grown so much and know much more about controlling a city and controlling buisnesses.