Friday, April 8th
Kindergarten report cards distributed
Monday April 11- Friday April 15th
Kindergarten are required, Pre-K 2 are optional
Sign up sheet will be posted in the classroom
Monday April 18- Friday April 22nd
SAT 10 Testing for Kindergarten only
Please make sure your child is well rested and eats breakfast
Friday April 22nd
Dress your child in red and black
Friday April 29th
St. Jude's Trike-a-thon
Please bring in a helmet to participate
Here is some general housekeeping:
-Please return sunscreen forms with sunscreen or we cannot apply it.
-Make sure your child has a change of clothes, including underwear and socks, for the warmer weather.
-Please make sure your child is handing in homework on time. It is more important to enforce the responsibility and accountability than the correctness.
Spring is the best time of year to be in kindergarten! Enjoy all the beautiful days ahead!
Miss Jessica and Miss Bootsie
Guest Reader- Ali's Nana!
Curriculum This Month
- Main Idea, conclusions, compare/ contrast
- Nouns, verbs, pronouns
- Initial and ending blends
- Y as a vowel
- Sight words: black, came, did, eat, what, there, no, brown, good, this, now, our, pretty, ride, saw
- 3 + sentences
- Measurement (non standard, inches)
- Composing and Decomposing numbers 11-19 and beyond
- Addition and subtraction practice.
- Skip counting 5's and 10's review, introduce 2's
- Eggs and chicks in classroom
- Caterpillars to butterflies in classroom
- Needs of plants and animals
- Life cycles
- Earth Day (ladybug release)
- Natural resources
Health and Wellness
- Medicine and drugs
- A healthy environment