Rock Bridge Info Bruin
Where Lifelong Learning is for All
Monday, April 19, 2021
UPCOMING EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Rock Bridge Spirit Week: April 19th-23rd. Benefitting True North
Monday, April 19th-
- “Surf’s Up” Hawaiian Theme (Teen Beach Movie)
Tuesday, April 20th-
- "How could I possibly be expected to handle school?" Comfy/PJ Clothes (Farris Bueller’s Day Off)
Wednesday, April 21st-
- “On Wednesdays We Wear Pink” Anything Pink! Theme (Mean Girls)
Thursday, April 22nd-
- “We've Got the Best of Both Worlds” City vs. Country Theme (Hannah Montana Movie)
Friday, April 23rd-
- “What team? BRUINS!” Jersey Day or Green & Gold Rock Bridge Wear (High School Musical)
When: Saturday, April 24
Time: 8:00 - 10:00 pm
Where: Rock Bridge High School
"sometimes, you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory."
The Center Project PRISM is an LGBTQ+ youth group (11-18 years old) for youth in the Mid-MO area. Come to meetings for fun activities, good conversation, and lots of friends! Meetings are ONLINE only until the weather is nice. Meeting information will be posted on social media. Follow on Facebook and/or Instagram. Thursdays @ 6:30 https://thecenterproject.org/Prism/
Are your parents struggling to understand your identity? Or are you the parent or guardian of an LGBTQ child? The Center Project has a group called Parents4Parents that meets every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, from 6:30-8:30pm. "Parents4Parents is an open organization for parents of LGBTQ youth and adult children. We invite participation from parents who celebrate their child's identities, those who are trying to understand, those who can't understand and those who don't know where they stand. We invite questions and open dialogue to support and celebrate parents, increase knowledge, dispel myths, navigate the coming out process, share concerns, and celebrate joys." Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and more info.
Quick and Easy! Order your 2020-21 yearbook through the QR code below!
SUMMER SCHOOL SCHEDULE
Dates: Monday, June 14 - Friday, July 9, 2021
(Extra Credit Recovery: Monday, July 12 - Friday, July 30, 2021)
Daily Schedule: Students may enroll in one or two classes
- Morning Session: 8:55 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.
- Afternoon Session: 12:15 p.m. - 4:05 p.m. (afternoon session includes lunch)
Mid-Day Transportation: A mid-day bus will not be provided between schools or between home and school. Students who do not have mid-day transportation need to take two summer school courses.
See also Frequently Asked Questions
Summer School Registration
School counselors meet with students to enroll in credit recovery courses if appropriate.
School counselors can also help students with credit advancement enrollment.
- ONLINE registration option: Online enrollment for Secondary Summer School will open on Monday, March 1, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Parents of students grades 9 - 12 have access to online enrollment through home access at www.cpsk12.org/ssenroll beginning March 1. Students entering grades 10-12 also have access to the online enrollment through home access beginning March 1 at 9:00 a.m.
- Paper copies of enrollment forms for students entering grade 9 and 10 - 12 are also available at middle and high school counseling offices.
- Non-CPS Students/Private/Parochial/Homeschooled: Detailed information on how to register your student is pending.
- Deadline: The deadline for ensuring enrollment and transportation services is Friday, April 30, 2021. Students who submit enrollment forms after April 30 are enrolled if space becomes available.
View the course offerings here:
GSA Meeting Times
GSA will begin meeting in person again!
We will meet in room 337 at 4:15pm
Meetings will be every Thursday
Our first meeting will be Thursday 22 April
Fellowship of Christian Athletes club meets every Friday morning at 8:00 am in the AUX gym. We have music, great speakers, and donuts! All are welcome!! Contact Mr. Gabel in room 343 with any questions.
NHS Blood Drive
Rock Bridge National Honor Society (NHS) is sponsoring a blood drive on April 23rd! Walk ins and appointments are both acceptable. To make an appointment, sign up using this link: https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/find-drive
Red Cross is always in need of more units of blood, especially with the pandemic. If we collect at least 30 pints of blood, we will be able to give an NHS student some scholarship money! Additionally, donors aged 16-24 will receive a TEN DOLLAR GIFT CARD for donating. For more information about donating, visit the Red Cross website or email Mrs. Harman at email@example.com
ROCK BRIDGE ESPORTS IS BACK IN ACTION!!
Rock Bridge High School Student Ambassadors serve as representatives of Rock Bridge to new and prospective students, families, and community members. They represent Rock Bridge in a responsible, ethical and professional manner, while portraying a positive and accurate image of our school. Students interested in serving as a RBHS Student Ambassador for the 2021-2022 school year need to complete the application form linked here: https://forms.gle/Yw4vSCBDDupt2uUC8 by Friday, April 23, 2021. Students who submit applications by the deadline will be contacted to complete a follow-up interview during the weeks of April 26th through May 7th.
ACT Practice Materials Available in Counseling
ACT Prep sessions will not be held during the 2020-2021 school year due to COVID; however, ACT prep/practice materials are available in the Counseling Office. Students can choose from two options for ACT prep explained below:
- ACT Coursebook - $25: This 700+ page Cambridge Educational Services ACT Victory course is perfect for students who want in-depth ACT preparation. The coursebook includes a pre-assessment/course planning, core/targeted skills for each subject area, and answers and explanations for core/targeted skills.
- ACT Practice Tests - $10: These practice tests are great for students wanting a quicker ACT prep experience. The practice tests are actual retired ACT tests to provide experience with the type of questions students will see on the ACT. Each practice test comes with answers and a scoring sheet and a copy of the Proctor instructions and subject test timing, to help students replicate the testing experience at home.
For more ACT prep information and online resources, visit the Counseling ACT & SAT webpage: www.cpsk12.org/rbhsactsat
Adventure Club Positions!
ATTENTION SENIORS - Adventure Club is currently looking for Summer 2021 Site Assistants. Assistants must be 18 years old and a high school graduate. This position pays $10.30/hour •Shifts are 6:40-7:25am and 2:25-6:00pm at a one set schools OR 6:40 am-8:05am and 3:05-6:00pm another set of schools. For more information visit the Counseling Internship & Job Opportunities webpage: www.cpsk12.org/rbhsinternshipjobopps
Virtual College Visits
Learn more about the following schools that are scheduled for a virtual college visit. Find meeting links in scoir or on the RBHS website under counseling/school counseling home/college visit calendar. All visits are on Wednesdays so check every week by Tuesday to see what school has been added.
ROCK BRIDGE PTSA ANNOUNCEMENTS
Rock Bridge High School- Parent Teacher Student Association
On behalf of the Parent Teacher Student Association, welcome to the new 2020-21 school year at RBHS! We wish all students, teachers, and staff a productive and positive school year and welcome parent and family involvement at RBHS. While we are not exactly sure what this year will look like, it is even more important to show our support and to continue to fund the various programs that PTSA sponsors at RBHS.
Whether your student is a new or returning student, we encourage you to learn as much as you can about "how things work" at RBHS so you are able to help and encourage your student's involvement. We invite you to show you care about your student and their school by becoming more involved in discussing what happens at school, staying informed, and volunteering in whatever way you can. Here are some of the many ways you can stay informed and get involved in supporting your student at RBHS:
- Complete and return the "2020-21 Rock Bridge PTSA Membership and Volunteer Form" below. Mail the attached form with your dues to "RBHS PTSA" C/O RBHS, 4303 SOUTH PROVIDENCE ROAD, COLUMBIA, MO 65203. PTSA membership shows your support for the school and provides multiple ways to stay informed and involved through routine communication and volunteer opportunities.
- Subscribe to the "InfoBruin" on the RBHS home page (located on the left side under "Student Quick Links") so your student and family can receive the Daily Student Bulletin each morning during the school year. The PTSA will have a section with updates and a link to our PTSA webpage at the bottom of the announcements. Find us under the "Family Resources Tab" on the RBHS Home Page.
- Attend PTSA meetings held on the second Monday of each month. Meeting times will be announced the week before the meeting. There is NO August meeting. Future dates are potentially September 14, October 12, November 9, NO December meeting, January 11, February 8, March 8, April 12, and May 10. Please watch the InfoBruin for dates!
- Donations are accepted for PTSA at any time throughout the school year. Your individual adult membership dues are $9.00 and all donations help support the following areas: Bruin Grants for academic projects, building improvements, the InfoBruin daily email message board, purchase of teacher supplies, organize monthly staff meals, support events with a hospitality table and over 80 of our volunteers staff the back to school schedule pick-up! We support the D.E.A.L. counseling for drugs and alcohol along with distracted driving educational programs. We provide additional student support with the National PTA Arts Reflections program, offer five senior scholarships, support Global Village international week events, sponsor the Student Coalition and host forums for administration and parents. These are only some of the ways we support our students, faculty and school!
- In our continued effort to support our STUDENTS GROUPS; we have implemented a Student Club "Grant" Program to aid with their efforts in enhancing and promoting various clubs within the RBHS community---we encourage students to sign up for the $6.00 Membership to become eligible for this opportunity as well as to become a part of the Student Coalition Group.
- Any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"GET INVOLVED......BE INVOLVED.....STAY INVOLVED"
PTSA MEMBERSHIP & VOLUNTEER FORM
RBHS Booster Announcements
Rock Bridge HIGH, Rock Bridge LOW, Rock Bridge ROCKS wherever they go!
The Bruin Booster Club promotes school spirit & provides programs & financial support to the athletic teams & student-athletes of Rock Bridge High School (RBHS). Since 2003, the Booster Club has raised & allocated a significant amount of funds to benefit the Bruin athletic programs. Those who purchase a Booster Club membership will receive a pass (or passes) to attend all home athletic contests in all seasons. All money raised through membership dues stays at RBHS to support our student athletes, plus the pass can be less expensive than purchasing individual game tickets throughout a season. Please click the link below for an updated form!